LIVE | Apartheid flag judgment

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Where in the world have black people as a society achieved anything? Everywhere it's been on the coat-tails of other nations. No majority black country has achieved anything and South of the Sahara it's been only downhill after the colonisers left. When you fail to achieve you start looking at outward causes like names, statues and flags.
Why are we now under attack?

ForceFate

Honorary Master
Where in the world have black people as a society achieved anything? Everywhere it's been on the coat-tails of other nations. No majority black country has achieved anything and South of the Sahara it's been only downhill after the colonisers left. When you fail to achieve you start looking at outward causes like names, statues and flags.
Who are under attack?
^

ForceFate

Honorary Master
You see that as an attack? Yet white people are constantly bombarded over what happened in the past despite not having anything to do with it. It's time that black people do some inward thinking and focus on the real problems plaguing them as a society, not diversions.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
The Union flag (not apartheid flag) is anathema to the ANC mob because it represents civilization and progress which had been completely absent during the previous five thousand or so years
And you might adds since 1994, we as a country have returned to that state of affairs.

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Well Im a mid40 yr old white ashole from the old times and I hate the oranje blanje blou for a different reason. Every time I see that flag it reminds me of that old verkrampte government who sold my people and their future generations out in so may ways while they had disney land times and are now rotting in their graves.

So, fukk that flag and its supporters. You are not helping this country at all
Is there no white people here who hates the old flag?
Nobody hating the old government for selling us out?
Pik dankie hyt gevrek botha en kont PW. Jip.

HunterNW

Executive Member
+1 No unicorns here.

Mila

Honorary Master
The bloody country is burning and this is what the government focus on?
HAve they seen the old flag and the boeremag has not been a problem in the last 20 years?

Your own people are burning the country becasue they hate the rest of africa, you have bigger problems than a flags.

Geoff.D

Honorary Master
And I could easily develops a distinct dislike for the new flag because it represents the destruction of the last country on the continent that had any chance of rising and becoming an example for the rest of Africa. Instead we are now becoming a paria in Africa!

thechamp

Honorary Master
The bloody country is burning and this is what the government focus on?
HAve they seen the old flag and the boeremag has not been a problem in the last 20 years?

Your own people are burning the country becasue they hate the rest of africa, you have bigger problems than a flags.
I don't see the government focus in the whole thing? All I see is Afriforum and Nelson Mandela Foundation

ponder

Honorary Master
I don't see the government focus in the whole thing? All I see is Afriforum and Nelson Mandela Foundation
You obviously won't but the court record shows otherwise.

[8] The second and third respondents, respectively the Minister of Justice and Correctional Services and the Department of Justice and Constitutional Services (together “the Department”), “support(s) the relief sought by the SAHRC”,[8] and, in relation to the alternative relief, also sets out how it intends to correct the defect.[9]

ponder

Honorary Master
Is that "the government" focus?
The gov is involved in the case, if they had no interest they would not participate. Gov is constantly lifting up rocks looking for some racial boogieman, they're constantly singling out and blaming 'whiteness' related crap for their shortcomings while stoking the fires that divide so I would say yes it's part of their political focus.

Swa

Honorary Master
So if they decide he was in the right where does that leave us? The judgement and ban still stands for the next person. Will that be the court's plan? If he loses at least it will be appealed.

Cray

Honorary Master
https://www.news24.com/SouthAfrica/News/apartheid-flag-afriforums-ernst-roets-not-in-contempt-of-court-judge-rules-20190917

Apartheid flag: AfriForum's Ernst Roets not in contempt of court, judge rules

Handing down judgment, Judge Colin Lamont said, while he was of the view that Roets may in due course be held to have breached the provisions of the Equality Court Act, he was not in contempt of court.

"This in my view is precisely why the order does not contain a directive prohibiting the display of the flag. There is no order ad factum praesdandum," he said.