LIVE | Apartheid flag judgment

zolly

Expert Member
It's a stuff up because it should be more inclusive to include anyone who can demonstrate they are disadvantaged, but that has always been my view on this. Also a stuff up because it's a govt run program and they're great at running these things.

Notice how pitbull didn't say white people. He said people.

Mbeki's anti-western, afro-centric ideas about HIV and AIDS resulted in more deaths than anything the Apartheid government could dream of.
Fair point. But mine still stands, we don't have accurate stats on Apartheid murders.

A president lacking knowledge about a disease and this extending to his govt's handling of the issue is not the same as Apartheid man.

Last edited:

Gingerbeardman

Expert Member
The problem I see is that he views the displaying the flag as only having one interpretation, people who display it must be" choosing oppression over liberation, they must be about "hatred".
o_O

You realise this is the quintessential SJW modus operandi, right?

zolly

Expert Member
Ja man, what a bunch of pussies. What whites are experiencing now is Oppression Lite™. They should keep quiet until it's as you describe.
Would you prefer what you have now, or would you prefer the cops do to you what the Apartheid cops did to many people?

Don't get me wrong, South Africa is all kinds of screwed up at the moment, but most of that is due to incompetence, corruption and yes, still some knock-on effects from Apartheid which were not remedied by our current govt.

Reactions: STS

Hellhound105

Expert Member
Fair point. But mine still stands, we don't have accurate stats on Apartheid murders.

A president lacking knowledge about a disease and this extending to his govt's handling of the issue is not the same as Apartheid man.
Excluding a group from something based on race is still Apartheid.

We can never say that stats are correct. There I have to agree.

If I owned an island and kill 10 people, I can just pay my islands own thingy in morgue and say they died of klem in die koek. Easy to cover if you are in charge

daveza

Honorary Master
Excluding a group from something based on race is still Apartheid.

We can never say that stats are correct. There I have to agree.

If I owned an island and kill 10 people, I can just pay my islands own thingy in morgue and say they died of klem in die koek. Easy to cover if you are in charge
Why would you kill 10 women on your island ?

konfab

Honorary Master
Hypothetically speaking, if you owned a property in Seapoint in Cape Town (which is predominantly Jewish in case you don't know), would you fly a Nazi flag there?
No. Because that flag and the symbolism behind it revolts me

It's not about getting rid of racism. It's about discouraging public displays of symbols associated with it.
But that isn't going to change the opinion of the pr!ck who wants to display it is it?

Let me put it in an easier context. I would rather have Malema free to be the racist bigot everyone knows he is than him keeping his mouth shut until it is too late.

The reason why I am against the rulings for his hate speech are not because of freedom of speech, it is because the courts here in the non-racial utopia of the People's Republic of South Africa (where equality before the law is a constitutional provision) regards hate speech by white people as being more serious than hate speech by black people.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
it is a fair and just ruling.
yes the flag should be put in museums. 90% of people who have an old flag have it folded up in some box hidden and forgotten. 9% of people have it up in a bar or lapa because it has been up there since way before. and there is likely a bigger new flag.

the problem is as always with all things the 1% who fly it simply to get a reaction because they are in fact fundamentally racist. (this is personal experience from growing up in Boksburg)

the flag itself did nothing wrong, and did not 100% represent what people who are flying it now say it represent,or what the judge and the nelson mandela foundation say it represented. sadly some people could not play nicely with their toys so the toys should be taken away from everyone.

zolly

Expert Member
The reason why I am against the rulings for his hate speech are not because of freedom of speech, it is because the courts here in the non-racial utopia of the People's Republic of South Africa (where equality before the law is a constitutional provision) regards hate speech by white people as being more serious than hate speech by black people.
That I can get behind.

Flanders

Honorary Master
Would you prefer what you have now, or would you prefer the cops do to you what the Apartheid cops did to many people?
Well forgive me if I've misunderstood, but judging by your post, we should only call it unjust and oppressive once the situation gets as bad as you describe.

I'm by no means suggesting that it is anywhere as bad, but let's not kid ourselves and say that we're all equal in the eyes of the law. Slippery slopes and all that.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
So if this gets the go-ahead and gets banned, it's high time we move against the symbols of communism, Islam, Christianity and Coca-Cola, but name but a few. More humans have been killed individually under these symbols than combined under the old flag.

konfab

Honorary Master
it is a fair and just ruling.
yes the flag should be put in museums. 90% of people who have an old flag have it folded up in some box hidden and forgotten. 9% of people have it up in a bar or lapa because it has been up there since way before. and there is likely a bigger new flag.

the problem is as always with all things the 1% who fly it simply to get a reaction because they are in fact fundamentally racist. (this is personal experience from growing up in Boksburg)

the flag itself did nothing wrong, and did not 100% represent what people who are flying it now say it represent, or what the judge and the nelson mandela foundation say it represented. sadly some people could not play nicely with their toys so the toys should be taken away from everyone.
Freedom of expression is a constitutional right, not a toy. It isn't for the government to take away.

The government didn't give everyone the right to freedom of speech as you seem to imply.

zolly

Expert Member
Well forgive me if I've misunderstood, but judging by your post, we should only call it unjust and oppressive once the situation gets as bad as you describe.

I'm by no means suggesting that it is anywhere as bad, but let's not kid ourselves and say that we're all equal in the eyes of the law. Slippery slopes and all that.
Fully aware of this. Sadly most people vote for a govt that silently condones this. The last time I heard Ramaphosa mention anything about not using terms like WMC was a year and a half ago.

LCBXX

Honorary Master
Ban / prohibit the display of Zulu spears, outfits etc. Like at the start of big rugby games. It's a revolting sight to see for us who remember the history where they killed the white Woman and children.
I disagree. The display of Zulu regalia and weaponry is inspirational for me. The connotation with violence against women and children is an attempt to demonise the Zulu culture, which I consider racist.
I've reported you post and will demand for you to be banned.

Baxteen

Honorary Master
Freedom of expression is a constitutional right, not a toy. It isn't for the government to take away.
no but letting this ruling go through un opposed is the first step towards having the source of racism (religion) outlawed in the country using everything the judge says here, bigger picture.....

konfab

Honorary Master
no but letting this ruling go through un opposed is the first step towards having the source of racism (religion) outlawed in the country using everything the judge says here, bigger picture.....
You are displaying a laughable ignorance of human behaviour.