Local online Shops FAIL

greggpb

Expert Member
I hate local site when they do this....... The Item says in stock on the site..
of course they have taken the money off my credit card....

Stock Suggestions
Many thanks for your order. Your order has been processed but we unfortunately do not have the product listed below in stock at present. Please feel free to browse through the website for a possible alternative? Or could we place the order on back order and despatch the minute more stock is received? Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this may be causing.

killadoob

Honorary Master
You should never pay for something unless they confirm stock i reckon.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
I hate local site when they do this....... The Item says in stock on the site..
of course they have taken the money off my credit card....

Stock Suggestions
Many thanks for your order. Your order has been processed but we unfortunately do not have the product listed below in stock at present. Please feel free to browse through the website for a possible alternative? Or could we place the order on back order and despatch the minute more stock is received? Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience that this may be causing.
What shop?

QFT. I think it is the law in countries like the US and the UK.
I think killa means it the other way around. As in you phone/email them to make 100% sure. Thats what I normally do.:)

greggpb

Expert Member
I rely on the item status { "in stock", "call to check", "out of stock" } but then again maybe I am just crazy.

greggpb

Expert Member
Seem the online shop has dealt with this well..

They have a until is stock but the box is damaged... they have offered me an more expensive unit at their cost...

looks like i jumped the gun

techead

Honorary Master
you shouldnt have to call to check if something is in stock!

if they have a "out-of-stock"/"in-stock" icon it should be bloody up to date! :mad:

its just laziness IMO

Broadcom

Take that

I rely on the item status { "in stock", "call to check", "out of stock" } but then again maybe I am just crazy.
They don’t do enough to keep their website up to date with their suppliers.

Can we name and shame here? There is a certain online shop in CT that I really want people to steer clear of ...

A simple nothing fancy 4 item order is now going into its 5th week. One in-stock item they couldn't produce at all. The other 3 arrived a month later and one is wrong, similar but inferior model which I think was a sly attempt to get rid of worthless stock. They refused to do a straight swap, it first had to go back to the suppliers before they would think about ordering the right one for me. Coupled with inflexible and totally unapologetic customer service, just a bad experience.

This particular shop has a 5-7 working day lead time on most of its items. I suspect their supplier is in JHB and they use Ordinary Parcel (3-5 day) service to get it to themselves cheaply in CT before they send it off to you at next day delivery.

Budza

Executive Member
Yeah- what shop? Glad to see them making an effort to sort you out.

greggpb

Expert Member
Still waiting for everything to get sorted out... once I have finalised details will shop will post a full account of what happend

mercurial

MyBB Legend
They don't want to tell you they don't have stock because then you are going to get the product at another store. They are devious. It's a surefire of making sure that you buy from them when they don't tell you beforehand that they don't have stock.

Zenbaas

Honorary Master
They don't want to tell you they don't have stock because then you are going to get the product at another store. They are devious. It's a surefire of making sure that you buy from them when they don't tell you beforehand that they don't have stock.
That is true but....

Seem the online shop has dealt with this well..

They have a until is stock but the box is damaged... they have offered me an more expensive unit at their cost...

looks like i jumped the gun
So if this does indeed happen then they have surely dealt adequately with the problem...not so?

techead

Honorary Master
/begin flame

well I think this is total BS, what is the shop that does this? I wont ever shop there... :sick:

If a site has to resort to devious tactics, because they cant pull clients with good deals, good service and good web design... then they can **** off! :mad:

/end flame

greggpb

Expert Member
That is true but....

So if this does indeed happen then they have surely dealt adequately with the problem...not so?
I agree with you 100%.. they are still in the process of dealing with this at the pack they have offered me container 80% of the items in the original pack plus some extras...

but i need the 20 percent that was in the orginal pack.. they are looking at splitting the pack and giving me the working componets from both pack to make the product I orginally ordered which is quiet good .

Lets see how they come along.