Looking for old IBM Model M style keyboard

MeestaR

Expert Member
When I was younger, before all this "gaming" mechanical keeb hype, I gave away a hand-me-down IBM M style keyboard that was entirely mechanical. Now I'm sorry that I gave it away... Looking for one again...

I don't want this new RGB style nor a custom keyboard with the Cherry MXes and stuffs. Prices is ludicrous at this stage for a "fancy" mechanical keyboard. I do not know the build quality of these stuffs these days, since everything is made in China, hence the choice to go with older reliable equipment.

So, what I am looking for, is an old hand-me-down working mechanical keeb, with no fancy RGB stuffs.
Believe me, I looked everywhere for this old type of keyboard. I had a mechanical one with the Windows key.

If you know of someone or you got an old IBM style keyboard that you can give away or sell, please let me know.

I have the tools and stuffs to make the conversion from AT or PS-2 to USB.

K213N

Trouble is, the people who’ve kept them in good condition know what they‘re worth.

Depending on how badly you want one, you can check out Unicomp. They will basically sell you a brand new Model M. When IBM stopped selling the Model M back in the day, a group of employees purchased the tooling and have been producing the keyboards ever since. They are made in Lexington, Kentucky.

The catch is...you will have to pay. A lot. I was really interested a while back, but the cost including shipping was amounting to over R3k so I just never pulled the trigger.

MeestaR

Expert Member
I'm not sure what brand of clone mine was, but it was resembling very close to a IBM Model M keeb.
Had the Windows key, PS-2, and very heavy (duh)
In short, I'm looking for a old mech keyboard, with the windows key. Not those RGB keebs you get today, they are also in the R2k range for a reputable brand such as Corsair, etc.