Looking for Samsung 2494HM

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Any idea where I can get this monitor? I'm not looking for the 2494HS since it does not include a height adjustable stand.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
So the HS is the one that every shop has right now? Sucks. Have not heard of the 2494HM myself...

DarKWateR

Expert Member
So the HS is the one that every shop has right now? Sucks. Have not heard of the 2494HM myself...

Yeah, SA always gets the crappy models. The 2494HS is exactly the same monitor with a much better stand.

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Why do we always seem to lose out when it comes to the stands especially? :(

Why even make monitors with crap stands that don't adjust?

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Why do we always seem to lose out when it comes to the stands especially? :(

Why even make monitors with crap stands that don't adjust?

I'm currently using a Philips 19" Pivot LCD and boy this thing can swivel, tilt, change height, you name it. My desk is pretty low (and I don't feel like stacking books and junk under my screen) so the LCD stand works wonders. Now I want to replace the monitor with the 2494 series but err....not going well so far :(:(:(

I am Penguin

Executive Member
Use a wall/desk mounted adjustable arm or pack a few books/bibles under the existing stand

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Yeah, at least most monitors come with VESA mounting holes nowadays.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Use a wall/desk mounted adjustable arm or pack a few books/bibles under the existing stand

Drywall so can't mount arm and desk is too far from wall, and the books option is just not going to well in my mind. I like to have my stuff neat looking. I'm looking at different brand of LCD's to maybe find one that support height adjustment.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
Nice. Saw that last night. Price?

Can't get any price...it think the site only sells to like big companies or something....bah. I'm going have a look at the Philips LCD range.

err....skip that...they don't even have LCD's that run 1920x1080.

Franna

Expert Member
I have also tried in vain to source the 2494HM for the last month. Wish Rectron would import it.

The 2494HM is a better model than the 2494HS.

It has a height adjustable stand and internal USB hub.

DarKWateR

Expert Member
I have also tried in vain to source the 2494HM for the last month. Wish Rectron would import it.

The 2494HM is a better model than the 2494HS.

It has a height adjustable stand and internal USB hub.

So what's our other options??? I can't even find other brand that supports this :(

Brawler

Honorary Master
have a look at the top of the range HP. Can swivel and even rotate and work in portrait. Also come with usb, hdmi and built in speakers.