Low Cars / Modded car thread.

33yc4o.jpg
 
I suppose this thread might yield some results...

I have a golf 5 gti, with Eibach springs, and stock shocks at 190k km. Im fairly certain new shocks are a good idea.
HAd tyres fitted this morning, and I wanted to get my shocks tested but since a had lowered springs they said they test would be kinda meaningless.

WAnting to keep the lowered stance, I am thinking of coilovers. Supaquick quoted me on ARC. never heard of them. website has much to be desired too.
I dont want to break the bank, but I also don't want to buy kak. Iw ant height adjustable, but dont need dampening adjustable.

Bilstein b14 expensive
KW expensive
FK good?
JOM heard theyre sub par
ARC no idea

Is FK a good buy?
aything else to reccommend?
 
I suppose this thread might yield some results...

I have a golf 5 gti, with Eibach springs, and stock shocks at 190k km. Im fairly certain new shocks are a good idea.
HAd tyres fitted this morning, and I wanted to get my shocks tested but since a had lowered springs they said they test would be kinda meaningless.

WAnting to keep the lowered stance, I am thinking of coilovers. Supaquick quoted me on ARC. never heard of them. website has much to be desired too.
I dont want to break the bank, but I also don't want to buy kak. Iw ant height adjustable, but dont need dampening adjustable.

Bilstein b14 expensive
KW expensive
FK good?
JOM heard theyre sub par
ARC no idea

Is FK a good buy?
aything else to reccommend?

Koni another option, I had them on my 9n Polo and they were great. There are a lot of FK’s running around, I don’t recall hearing complaints about them but they are ‘budget’ coilovers compared to the likes of Koni and Bilstein.
 
I suppose this thread might yield some results...

I have a golf 5 gti, with Eibach springs, and stock shocks at 190k km. Im fairly certain new shocks are a good idea.
HAd tyres fitted this morning, and I wanted to get my shocks tested but since a had lowered springs they said they test would be kinda meaningless.

WAnting to keep the lowered stance, I am thinking of coilovers. Supaquick quoted me on ARC. never heard of them. website has much to be desired too.
I dont want to break the bank, but I also don't want to buy kak. Iw ant height adjustable, but dont need dampening adjustable.

Bilstein b14 expensive
KW expensive
FK good?
JOM heard theyre sub par
ARC no idea

Is FK a good buy?
aything else to reccommend?


If you mostly after something that's decent quality, affordable and looks matter most. Koni is a great option!

BTE. If your shocks are original still. It will be worn out. Your ride will be bad. I dropped one of my cars over a decade ago with Eibachs. When I fitted new gas shocks the ride improved immensely as it dampened the firm ride better.

Bilstein, KW are amazing. But I would only say they a must if you do trackdays or regularly mountain passes etc.
 
If you mostly after something that's decent quality, affordable and looks matter most. Koni is a great option!

BTE. If your shocks are original still. It will be worn out. Your ride will be bad. I dropped one of my cars over a decade ago with Eibachs. When I fitted new gas shocks the ride improved immensely as it dampened the firm ride better.

Bilstein, KW are amazing. But I would only say they a must if you do trackdays or regularly mountain passes etc.

Yea mine must be worn out by now. I think it would be silly to put original shocks on when I have eibach springs. will be the same situation where the springs and shocks arent really matched for each other, hence thinking lets just do coilovers.
Im only finding pricing on Koni at the below site, and they seem way overpriced.
 
Yea mine must be worn out by now. I think it would be silly to put original shocks on when I have eibach springs. will be the same situation where the springs and shocks arent really matched for each other, hence thinking lets just do coilovers.
Im only finding pricing on Koni at the below site, and they seem way overpriced.


Yeah they look like importers. I'm not sure who/where to get from. Also you don't need 4 way adjustable, as it can become very expensive. Use R15k for bilstein B14s as a baseline. Goldwagen sells those so they proper distributors
 
Yea mine must be worn out by now. I think it would be silly to put original shocks on when I have eibach springs. will be the same situation where the springs and shocks arent really matched for each other, hence thinking lets just do coilovers.
Im only finding pricing on Koni at the below site, and they seem way overpriced.

You can also try CRS Performance in Boksburg, used to be owned by Steve Hurley and his sons, I am not sure if they are still around but they did all the suspension work on my 9n Polo and MkI Golf a few years back.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X