mecer 5kva SOL-I-AX-5P settings help

velsing007

Hi guys

Recently had an electrician install me a back up system for use during load shedding. I have a mecer 5kva SOL-I-AX-5P inverter connected to 4x200AH valve regulated 12V gel batteries (in series) for a total of 48V. There are no solar panels installed.

I dont know much about electronics, but I have heard that batteries get damaged by overcharging and overdraining. Could anyone possibly advise me on all the settings I should program into the inverter in order to protect the battery and run the system optimally? The settings I'm looking for are the ones in page 14-21 of the attached manual.

I will be using the system only for backup during load shedding and obviously charging the batteries off the Eskom, My anticipated load during loadshedding would be around 1KwH and I would ideally hope for 5-6 hours of backup.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance

Attachments

Steamy Tom

Executive Member

Born2020

Good morning . I am running a
Mercer sol-I-ax-5p hybrid inverter with 6 energia panels polycrystalline and 2 PYlontech lithium iron batteries US3000.
Can someone help with the optimal settings and the system is currently not charging batteries with solar energy

thechamp

Honorary Master
Good morning . I am running a
Mercer sol-I-ax-5p hybrid inverter with 6 energia panels polycrystalline and 2 PYlontech lithium iron batteries US3000.
Can someone help with the optimal settings and the system is currently not charging batteries with solar energy
The installer just installed and left it like that? How much power does your panels produce?

Born2020

I must have messed up the settings as I tried to do some things DIY style.
The panels produce 1980 watts

thechamp

Honorary Master
Okay
Program
1: SBU
2: 60A
3 and 4, leave as default
5: select USER for battery type
6 to 9, leave as default
11: 60A
12: 48V
13: 51V
16: This is your problem, I am not too confident that your solar has enough current to properly charge the battery, at 60A you will need 2800W, not factoring in the efficiency losses, yours is currently 1980 not factoring losses which means you are probably getting less than the rated power

Based on that I would select 16 SNU for this setting.

18 to 22, leave on default.
23: BYE
25: default.
26: 53.2V
27: Default
29: 47.5V
31 to 38 leave on default.

thechamp

Honorary Master
thank you noted, let me try the settings , so this probably means I need to put more solar panels
Yes but I think your problem was the setting in program 16, not necessarily your solar panel power, if set to 16 CUT, you will almost never see the solar charging the battery, unless there is no mains power.

Last edited:

Born2020

So far going smoothly so the batteries are now fully charged was running a generator to charge the batteries.

Born2020

Good day .
Now have this error appearing on the video attached . The fault light is flickering

Attachments

Born2020

When does the utility power kick in. Because I now have power but still batteries not charging , should I change the setting on 01 from SBU to UTL

Born2020

Yes initially I didn’t have power cause of a fault in the power line but power is now back

thechamp

Honorary Master
When does the utility power kick in. Because I now have power but still batteries not charging , should I change the setting on 01 from SBU to UTL
Yes change it to utility for now so that you can get the battery charged. It should kick in automatically.

thechamp

Honorary Master
AC kicking back in depends on the setting in program 12, can you scroll to battery voltage and see how much it is, AC should kick in when the battery is 48V.

Apparently there is some communication issues between the actual voltage of the battery and what the inverter reads, it is out by a couple of volts, I know there is a way of setting the voltage at program 12 to compensate for this, I just don't remember the value.