Mind the speed ISP

mjzar

So yesterday (1st July) I emailed them requesting a downgrade from 1 August 2021, there is no self service on their customer portal. Today I get an email, saying that I need to fill in the electronic document, but I should note that they require a month's notice to process a change?

So I responded that according to me 1 July to 1 August is a month. And I Still have not been upgraded.

But I am so klaar with them.
I dont experience any speed issues: https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/18103542

Instead I get dropped connections... it literally went down as I was typing this :mad::mad:

According to terms on their website you could use the portal to downgrade your service on demand. That isn't true and was never the case - They changed the terms recently

Mr Smooth

They got back to say, the FNO found an issue with their optical line termination which was causing unstable connectivity. The network operator is busy migrating the connections over to New Equipment after which it should stabilize. I haven't had any problem since Tues
Been hearing this sad story for a while now.
I’m done with MTS.

rh1

Expert Member
I dont experience any speed issues: https://speedtest.mybroadband.co.za/result/18103542

Been hearing this sad story for a while now.
I’m done with MTS.

Instead I get dropped connections... it literally went down as I was typing this :mad::mad:

According to terms on their website you could use the portal to downgrade your service on demand. That isn't true and was never the case - They changed the terms recently
Looking at their new prices it is clear they only want to service clients that
wants the 20 and 50 speeds. So when Vumatel announced the price decreases/speed increases they were caught with their pants down, as I dont believe they invested in capacity to handle the new increased speeds. But they did not want to loose the R980 pm clients, hence the weird 70/70 offering which has not yet happened. And the 1 month calendar notice to downgrade. Even though I did give them a month notice. Short sighted from them as I will simply give them notice and move to another service provider.

isie

Honorary Master
Looking at their new prices it is clear they only want to service clients that
wants the 20 and 50 speeds. So when Vumatel announced the price decreases/speed increases they were caught with their pants down, as I dont believe they invested in capacity to handle the new increased speeds. But they did not want to loose the R980 pm clients, hence the weird 70/70 offering which has not yet happened. And the 1 month calendar notice to downgrade. Even though I did give them a month notice. Short sighted from them as I will simply give them notice and move to another service provider.
technically they were the first ISP to advise on the speed increases others followed suite some are still wasting time only giving it next month and others still haven't acknowledged it till today, so I'm not unsure how the pants down thing comes in to play, they kind of forced other ISP's to get in gear. seems like the opposite to me.

I'm not sure about the month downgrade story that's a bit suspect, i don't think you the only customer that wants that most old 50/50 are probably doing to do that, so that I'm thinking they are inundated with those.

rh1

Expert Member
So still no response from MTS, so I will pay them only R790 at the end of the month for the month of August. Will also give my notice of termination before month end with August being my last month of being a customer for 6 months, to avoid the penalty.

HartsockZA

MTS has become plain crap. logged a new install, phoned today to check status and was told I'd get notified today and still nadda.

So still no response from MTS, so I will pay them only R790 at the end of the month for the month of August. Will also give my notice of termination before month end with August being my last month of being a customer for 6 months, to avoid the penalty.
Notify them on the 1st or at least in the first week of cancelation cause they have a notice month in their T&C's

Slamz

technically they were the first ISP to advise on the speed increases others followed suite some are still wasting time only giving it next month and others still haven't acknowledged it till today, so I'm not unsure how the pants down thing comes in to play, they kind of forced other ISP's to get in gear. seems like the opposite to me.

I'm not sure about the month downgrade story that's a bit suspect, i don't think you the only customer that wants that most old 50/50 are probably doing to do that, so that I'm thinking they are inundated with those.

the downgrade story is BS, i "downgraded", was on 50/50, then new package was 70/70, i told them i wanted to stay on 50, They sent me the bill for 980, i told them i asked to remain on my same package and pay the new reduced rate. same day received the downgrade form, signed and sent it back, next day i got my new invoice for R790.

dont know about you guys having issues with them, but i've always had great service from them, except for line interuptions leading to the new packages were their quiet a few disconnects, but since the 1st July, been ok

isie

Honorary Master
the downgrade story is BS, i "downgraded", was on 50/50, then new package was 70/70, i told them i wanted to stay on 50, They sent me the bill for 980, i told them i asked to remain on my same package and pay the new reduced rate. same day received the downgrade form, signed and sent it back, next day i got my new invoice for R790.

dont know about you guys having issues with them, but i've always had great service from them, except for line interuptions leading to the new packages were their quiet a few disconnects, but since the 1st July, been ok
Just want to check you guys having issues - are you on former SADV now Vumatel FNO

I have 2 accounts with them 2 different addresses one on Vuma Aerial and the other former SADV now Vumatel - the former only had 4 disconnects the entire month the latter over 40 :eek: .

Slamz

Just want to check you guys having issues - are you on former SADV now Vumatel FNO

I have 2 accounts with them 2 different addresses one on Vuma Aerial and the other former SADV now Vumatel - the former only had 4 disconnects the entire month the latter over 40 :eek: .
former SADV, i ddnt check how many disconnects, but ya it was plenty last month, this month its fine and getting my full line speed, only had an issue last month, rest of the time pretty much up most of the time

Jeasson

I've not had any issue in the past 6 months so I don't now what is causing you issues

Bl1zz4rd

Connection is down as of a few mins ago. Southern Suburbs, Cape Town on Vuma trenched. Anyone else?

Caller number 11 for their support line, lol. Wish they had a rep here.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Connection is down as of a few mins ago. Southern Suburbs, Cape Town on Vuma trenched. Anyone else?

Same here, was down for a few minutes, Northern Suburbs

binloud

Yeah down here, Southern/CBD - well technically up but ping is like 100 and speed is 0.5mb (I have a 50mb line)

mjzar

Yeah. I'm on the former SADV network and still have issues with disconnects