Mind the speed ISP

PDF_27

So I'm currently with Cool ideas and have decided to change ISP to Mind the speed.

Anyone who's with them care to share their experience? I'm yet to see any proper negative reviews on them... Their pricing is definitely better than cool ideas on openserve, especially now with their re-rates taking effect in March.

Innervate316

Just managed to switch to them from CISP today, whole process of getting pppoe and migrating took around 2 hours to complete. Speed so far seems the same (Openserve 200/100) international Ping is higher slightly, but will need to wait and see if the fibre fix will change this...

tehan

Been with them for about 4 months now from CISP. So far I have received great service and speed, a couple of dips here and there, but that was mostly on the FNO's side, and they sorted it for me. So far much better communication than CISP, and the only time I have been down was when the rains hit Pretoria and some Assh0l3 decided to dig up the cables.

swakop_toe

Been with them for about 4 months now from CISP. So far I have received great service and speed, a couple of dips here and there, but that was mostly on the FNO's side, and they sorted it for me. So far much better communication than CISP, and the only time I have been down was when the rains hit Pretoria and some Assh0l3 decided to dig up the cables.
What do you stream and what is your link speed?

I notified CISP of my 30day cancellation today and they replied with links to comparisons of them vs. the others where they outperform on Netflix, DSTV Now and Showmax.
Except, MTS is too new to compare with, I suppose?

Mr Smooth

Moving as well from CISP to MTS from 1 March 2020. Would like to know how's MTS overall.
Experienced loads of issues with CISP regarding call wait times, no throughput at times and now the price increase.

Mr Smooth

I suspect MTS will increase their prices as well, due to Openserve increasing their prices.
Anyone has any idea what the price increase will be on MTS?

PDF_27

I got in touch with them today in order to get a test account. Let see how it goes. Service was excellent thus far. Zero waiting time.

joshuatree

Expert Member
I suspect MTS will increase their prices as well, due to Openserve increasing their prices.
Anyone has any idea what the price increase will be on MTS?
I would like to know as well, specifically regarding Vumatel.

irBosOtter

Expert Member
Moved over last year from CI, just cause it's R100 cheaper. No issues, always get full speed, also have no issues streaming from US sites while we are supposed to have international issues due to the cable breaks.

No word yet regarding increased fees, maybe that will come next month, but hopefully never, prices are supposed to go down not up

djbrendan

Expert Member
I moved to them recently ( 2 weeks now ). They were very straight forward on how to do what, even got an email showing step by step how to cancel and move to a new ISP, friendly staff in general.

I had major packet loss and loss of bandwidth speed every night, where as the other guys in the area did not, with my previous ISP. They kept on telling me that it was not them and they issue is probably the line provider.

Long story short, with immediate cancellation. I moved to Mine the speed. That same night i tested the network, boom, no packet loss, speeds were stable. It was the best i've seen since day of installation!

The router i picked out, i had to pay the difference, 2 business days later i got the router.

All in all, quick and easy. Network looks stable and the price is not bad!

Zuner

Expert Member
Also considering moving from CISP, have had no issues with CISP but my use case can't justify paying more.
Also looking at Afrihost 8/5 line for R399.

swakop_toe

Moved over last year from CI, just cause it's R100 cheaper. No issues, always get full speed, also have no issues streaming from US sites while we are supposed to have international issues due to the cable breaks.

No word yet regarding increased fees, maybe that will come next month, but hopefully never, prices are supposed to go down not up
I've signed up with MTS so save R34/month...cheapskate, but an apple, I pray, is an apple.

cavedog

Honorary Master
I just saw a facebook post saying no price increases on Vumatel even after vumatel increased the prices.....

joshuatree

Expert Member
Also considering moving from CISP, have had no issues with CISP but my use case can't justify paying more.
Also looking at Afrihost 8/5 line for R399.
Same story here. On Vumatel through Rocketnet 10/2 R549 and from 1 March this increases to R645.
Just waiting to see what happens to pricing on Vumatel - most ISPs haven't adjusted their pricing yet, but as soon as it happens I will reevaluate.

Zuner

Expert Member
Same story here. On Vumatel through Rocketnet 10/2 R549 and from 1 March this increases to R645.
Just waiting to see what happens to pricing on Vumatel - most ISPs haven't adjusted their pricing yet, but as soon as it happens I will reevaluate.

I just saw a facebook post saying no price increases on Vumatel even after vumatel increased the prices.....
Annotation 2020-02-05 101411.jpg

joshuatree

Expert Member
Well then it is definitely MindtheSpeed before Rocketnet for me. Just want to see where Axxess/Afrihost go with their pricing which is currently R499 for 8/2.

Zuner

Expert Member
Hope it's the same with Openserve, no increase :D
Hopefully, i'm on openserve too.
Well then it is definitely MindtheSpeed before Rocketnet for me. Just want to see where Axxess/Afrihost go with their pricing which is currently R499 for 8/2.
I missed the window to cancel and not pay a month of increased fees, so i'll wait it out a bit and see what happens with the prices of afrihost and MTS then decide at the end of FEB.

Slamz

was with CI , then moved to MTS when they had that 2 months free promotion.. all through the promotion period and afterwards things have been great with them and support is quiet good... no complaints so far... hope they dont end up like other new ISP's, come into the market all great and stuff and then quickly fallout