Mind the speed ISP

Thestealth

Expert Member
I received confirmation that we'll be downgraded from 50mb (current) to 50mb (new) on 01 July. Looking forward to the extra R190 in my pocket.

Mr Smooth

Seems MTS are having connectivity issues more frequently. For the last week I dropped over 6 times the most recent was today and I was down for almost 30 mins.

Been happening for a while now, time to move ISP’s.

mjzar

Seems MTS are having connectivity issues more frequently. For the last week I dropped over 6 times the most recent was today and I was down for almost 30 mins.

Been happening for a while now, time to move ISP’s.
I've experienced the same recently, dropped connections that take 15-30mins before it re-establishes. Even if it is a FNO issue I'm running out of patience now

isie

Honorary Master
I've experienced the same recently, dropped connections that take 15-30mins before it re-establishes. Even if it is a FNO issue I'm running out of patience now
I have 2 accounts at separate addresses different suburbs as well - my main one nothing like you said but my Bro was complaining about something like you described on 23 june nothing since.
I'll keep an eye.

mjzar

I have 2 accounts at separate addresses different suburbs as well - my main one nothing like you said but my Bro was complaining about something like you described on 23 june nothing since.
I'll keep an eye.
So Mind the speed escalated the issue last week to the FNO service delivery manager and their NOC for him to get his team to investigate this issue. I'm awaiting further feedback

Igor III

Agreed, been having connectivity issues fairly frequent lately with MTS, sadly when I discuss it with their Support Team, the blame is placed on the fibre line providers - most recently they even blamed a fibre line provider in the area that I am not even using.

I have an emergency account by a different ISP and when I sign in with this account (using same line etc), I can connect to the Web - why does MTS shift the blame for their problems in lieu of taking ownership?

I cannot help to think the same - time to leave

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
Regrettably i am also currently off the line. 4th time today and its month end. I wosh i could find a consistent ISP. Gonna move to another next month

Mr Smooth

Seems like it’s quite a few people with issues.
Connection dropped twice today for around 10 mins or so. Just happened 20 mins ago and again 5 mins ago.

I’m on Openserve, friend on the same street as me with Openserve as well, when I’m down I ask if he is down and he always has connectivity with Cool Ideas.

Tired of this as it’s affecting my work.
I’ve already given 30 days notice. Moving back to Cool Ideas.

Last edited:

MoHaG

Had several PPPOE issues (it stops responding and the either give auth failure or fails to get a response, especially over the last few days (I'm in Centurion on tvwt-ip-bng-1). (the mikrotik that I'm shows that easily)

After it came back last night at 21:52, I've been having horrible inbound packet drops (other people can still hear me in Teams meetings, but I don't get audio from them)

WorldWarIII

Expert Member
Had several PPPOE issues (it stops responding and the either give auth failure or fails to get a response, especially over the last few days (I'm in Centurion on tvwt-ip-bng-1). (the mikrotik that I'm shows that easily)

After it came back last night at 21:52, I've been having horrible inbound packet drops (other people can still hear me in Teams meetings, but I don't get audio from them)

same with me. same area.

Little Mac

Honorary Master
Possibly issues with month end and the new accounts? I've just connected and they say I'm up. ONT shows all 4 LEDs on but there's no DHCP happening on the WAN. What is the MTS config like on the router WAN port - do they do any authentication?

mjzar

Possibly issues with month end and the new accounts? I've just connected and they say I'm up. ONT shows all 4 LEDs on but there's no DHCP happening on the WAN. What is the MTS config like on the router WAN port - do they do any authentication?
I connect using PPPoE with username/password auth. I think it's network dependent.
The ONT LEDs are always on for me whether connection drops (pppd connection failure) or not.
I'm on the former SADV network (Vuma Village)

Little Mac

Honorary Master
I connect using PPPoE with username/password auth. I think it's network dependent.
The ONT LEDs are always on for me whether connection drops (pppd connection failure) or not.
I'm on the former SADV network (Vuma Village)
Ah, I'm on Vuma fibre - definitely former SADV as well. Interesting on the PPPoE auth - Afrihost doesn't use PPPoE.

mjzar

Ah, I'm on Vuma fibre - definitely former SADV as well. Interesting on the PPPoE auth - Afrihost doesn't use PPPoE.
Okay I see. If you use that Afrihost supplied D-Link 825 router then they auto configure it anyway. They can push any config changes remotely if need be

rh1

Expert Member
Notice, browsing as been very slow lately i.e. online comics-webtoons, takes abouts 10 minutes to fully open. I monitor the speeds whilst it is opening 600Kps sometimed 1Mbps on a 50Mps line speed.

rh1

Expert Member
So yesterday (1st July) I emailed them requesting a downgrade from 1 August 2021, there is no self service on their customer portal. Today I get an email, saying that I need to fill in the electronic document, but I should note that they require a month's notice to process a change?

So I responded that according to me 1 July to 1 August is a month. And I Still have not been upgraded.

But I am so klaar with them.

mjzar

So Mind the speed escalated the issue last week to the FNO service delivery manager and their NOC for him to get his team to investigate this issue. I'm awaiting further feedback
They got back to say, the FNO found an issue with their optical line termination which was causing unstable connectivity. The network operator is busy migrating the connections over to New Equipment after which it should stabilize. I haven't had any problem since Tues