Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jack Ryan: Shadow Recruit - 6/10

Really enjoyed it. Don't think I'll watch it again (just not on the same level as Hunt for Red October) but every moment during the film felt like a book. Can't explain it.

Also the projector had a power failure 20 minutes or so in which provided for some comedic moments with the comments been thrown at the staff :D
 
A Good Day to Die Hard -- 6/10

I'm a huge fan of the original and sequels, but this was not a good movie.
It was Die Hard for the sake of Die Hard. They need to do better.
 
Afternoon Delight 6/10
'Rachel is a quick-witted and lovable stay-at-home mom. Frustrated with the realities of preschool auctions, a lackluster sex life and career that's gone kaput, Rachel visits a strip club to spice up her marriage and meets McKenna, a stripper she adopts as her live-in nanny'

Kathryn Hahn (The mom from We're the Millers) is brilliant in this, so is the adorable Juno Temple as McKenna. (The trailer makes it out as a comedy, but it is a adult drama - everyone knows that this is not going to end well.)
Josh Radnor (We've been waiting to see how he met their mother)... sucks. He's can't keep up with Hahn and is a cut-out casting.
 
Must say the Harry Potter films have gotten much better around the Order of the Phoenix. I'm actually enjoying it now.
 
Must say the Harry Potter films have gotten much better around the Order of the Phoenix. I'm actually enjoying it now.

Harry Potter and the Philosopher's Stone (1/10)
Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (2/10)
Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban (3/10)
Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire (4/10)
Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix (5/10)
Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince (6/10)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 (7/10)
Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 2 (7/10)

Nearly nailed it with part 2... :p

Personally, averaging 6.5
 
Watched Escape Plan last night... was expecting crap.. so wasn't that disappointed.

I thought it was good.The concept and the twist at the end.Maybe its cos i watched every one of these guys movies while growing up, but i give it a solid 7/10.
 
I thought it was good.The concept and the twist at the end.Maybe its cos i watched every one of these guys movies while growing up, but i give it a solid 7/10.

I have been a fan of Stallone's and Arnold's movies for most of my life as well.. I think in the recent years, it's been a bit more difficult to take them seriously. Every time I hear them speak, I'm reminded of the countless comedians who have done impressions of them.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X