Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
My Sassy Girl (Korean version) - 8/10. One of the better romantic comedies I've seen. Vastly superior (and mostly unrecognizable) to the American remake.
 
He means before you went and read critics reviews to readjusted your thinking and initial thoughts on the movie:D

Oh. I don't know about that. I'm beginning to get into Korean cinema lately. Oldboy/Lady Vengeance, Castaway on the Moon, and My Sassy Girl - just brilliant, brilliant films.
 
300: Rise of an Empire - 7.5-8.0/10

This one was tricky for me. I walked into the movie with this mental checklist:
1) Copious amounts of blood flying every which way.
2) Stylised settings/backdrops
3) Slooooooow mooooooo

A shallow list, I agree, but I really did not go into this movie expecting a 'captivating' plot. The score has a range as even though my checklist had a tick next to each point, I felt that some of the characters were 'out of place' with the movie.

Centurion - 7/10

I enjoyed this movie, but felt that it was a little too predictable. I enjoy Michael Fassbender's acting and feel both he and the rest of the cast filled their roles well. It tells the story of a Roman soldier who's Legion is betrayed and mostly slaughtered. The few survivors then attempt the rescue of their commander.
 
12 Years a slave - 8/10
Brilliant movie with an amazing story line. Similar to Django unchained.
 
Cheap Thrills (2013) - 7.34/10

Surprisingly good. One of those that quietly loses it's predictability by making you want to see how it ends.
 
Delivery Man 6/10

Expected hilarious comedy, but wasn't really disappointed that it wasn't too funny. Nothing spectacular, but kinda enjoyed it.
 
Walking with Dinosaurs - 6/10. Cute story, very educational for kids that is into this kinda thing with descriptions of the dinosaurs etc.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X