Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Veronica Mars

5/10

It was enjoyable because of all the memories from the series. But the real witty Veronica from the series wasn't quite there.

And the story line was so predictable.

I added an extra point because Kristen Bell is still as hot as years ago.
 
Last edited:
300: Rise of an Empire - 7/10

Was great. First time I wished I had opted for the 3D version instead. The battle scenes are INSANE!


Lego Movie - 9/10

Best. Animation. Ever. It was hilarious, almost shed a tear in the end and I didn't get bored once. In fact I was sad when it ended.
 
Watched 10 minutes of anchorman 2 then I put it off. How could they mess up that movie like that? Very disappointing. Was looking forward to it! 0/10
 
Watched 10 minutes of anchorman 2 then I put it off. How could they mess up that movie like that? Very disappointing. Was looking forward to it! 0/10

Really? You had expectations? Anchorman 2? To build on the solid foundation of the first one?

Just kidding, but watch the last 15 minutes... Plenty of cameo appearances by other comedians & actors. They key is to have no expectations.
 
The Count of Monte Cristo

7/10 - It really is a movie that follows the recipe but for some reason you do not care. I found the characters do evolve a bit which is more than I can say for 99% of movies with any substantial action in it :D
 
4.5 / 10 - Last Vegas

Formula driven, and you do not connect with the characters as they are extremely one dimensional. I would not waste money renting this movie.
 
Really? You had expectations? Anchorman 2? To build on the solid foundation of the first one?

Just kidding, but watch the last 15 minutes... Plenty of cameo appearances by other comedians & actors. They key is to have no expectations.

the original anchorman was really funny. maybe I should give it another go.
 
It was that bad imo.
They are doing this whole musical montage thing in lots of US comedies.
It's like Spoils of Babylon, nothing redeeming at all.

I like Will Farrel but this movie was just poor.
It had me laughing but more because of the level of stupidity.
 
Frequency (2000)

A son finds a way to communicate with his dead father 30 years into the past.He tries to save his fathers life and succeeds but with altering the past, there are consequences.
A very underrated movie, I enjoyed it.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0186151/
 
The Count of Monte Cristo

7/10 - It really is a movie that follows the recipe but for some reason you do not care. I found the characters do evolve a bit which is more than I can say for 99% of movies with any substantial action in it :D

Which version did you watch?

This is the one you wan't to watch http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0167565/ 400mins of bliss
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X