Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Antman - 8/10

I'll admit that it might be high, I'm a fan boy I really liked this one, cool story, great acting and action, a few subtle spoilers of future movies, lots of people stay for mid credits and post credits scenes.

ps. Cradle Stone IMAX 3D is fantastic

Im also a Marvel fan.
Going to watch this over weekend
 
Big Game (2015) - 4/10

Samuel L. Jackson scraping the bottom of the barrel for a paycheck.
 
Edge of Tomorrow • 8/10

Tom Cruise wasn't too bad in this Sci Fi. I'll be honest that I was uncertain at the outset, but soon enough figured the gist of what was going on. I enjoyed it. Good action, humour and just enough weirdness in the plot. Nice!
 
Barely Lethal (2015) - 4/10

Samuel L. Jackson and Jessica Alba scraping the bottom of the barrel for a paycheck.
 
Child 44 (2015) - 6/10

The movie is 2h17 long, so it's a bit too long in some scenes. But Tom Hardy's performance is worth it.
It didn't fair well at the box office and with critics, but it's definitely worth it, if you've got the time.
 
Fast & Furious 7 - 1/10

And it only scores something because of that Paul Walker ending.

Should be renamed Far & Fetched: Level 999
 
Fast & Furious 7 - 1/10

And it only scores something because of that Paul Walker ending.

Should be renamed Far & Fetched: Level 999

Finally got around to watching it. I would give it 7/10. As mentioned earlier, it's exactly what I expected, a no holds barred simple action movie. It's meant to be light entertainment, not an art house film. Sometimes I need Shawshank redemption, sometimes I need Furious 7...
 
Finally got around to watching it. I would give it 7/10. As mentioned earlier, it's exactly what I expected, a no holds barred simple action movie. It's meant to be light entertainment, not an art house film. Sometimes I need Shawshank redemption, sometimes I need Furious 7...

Is it a good example of the genre though? Racing flicks are always really generic. Roadhouse 66 for me is a little arty but plenty of action. The Transporter for example has a bit of back story and not just mindless dicing. Speed Racer is highly underrated in my opinion for its genre. Would you say people are overcritical of FF7's contribution to the canon or is it just another spiffy round in the chamber.
 
Hot Pursuit (2015) 6/10

Average; odd laugh here & there buddy buddy female cast comedy.Reese Witherspoon & Sofía Vergara make a fairly bland team. On a side note Mrs Vergara looks good even in Prison Orange. If you are not a cleavage lover then this is not the movie for you...

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1438477066.932702.jpg
 
Wild Card (2015) 6/10

Typical high action Jason Statham-type movie staring Jason Statham. A notch less fight scenes this time but more gambling/BJ scenes. Expected more. Oh & Sofía Vergara stars in this movie as well even though screen time is less than 5mins right at the beginning.
 
Child 44 (2015) - 6/10

The movie is 2h17 long, so it's a bit too long in some scenes. But Tom Hardy's performance is worth it.
It didn't fair well at the box office and with critics, but it's definitely worth it, if you've got the time.

Ridley Scott movie? I'll watch it! Thanks
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X