Movie Mini-Review Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously? I thought it was one of the better MI movies of the series. Also had a really cool female character that stood her own ground. Cool vehicles, cool locations, cool plot devices...not sure what more you could want from an MI movie tbh.

Agree, I'd go further and say she stole the movie. Looked at objectively, her side of the movie is way more interesting than Tom's team's...+1 for the script.
 
The Babadook (2014)

Pathetic horror story. I wanted the kid to die within 10 minutes into the story. Not scary for 1 second. At least the acting was fine. 4/10
 
The Babadook (2014)

Pathetic horror story. I wanted the kid to die within 10 minutes into the story. Not scary for 1 second. At least the acting was fine. 4/10
I was also disappointing. I'd read so much hype about it and it turned out quite meh.
 
That Sugar Film 6/10

Documentary made in a Roger Moore style i.e. the filmmaker already had a viewpoint to push which, regardless of validity, bugs me in a documentary even when it agrees with my own thinking or beliefs.

Nevertheless, a lot of good information and background is presented so worth a watch.
 
Last edited:
Dark Places (2015) 6/10

Thriller suspense with Mad Max duo Charlize Theron & Nicholas Hoult. Starts off slow & picks up momentum later on.
 
I Origins (2014) 7/10

Well thought & acted "clever" movie regarding potential medical breakthrough with the eye. We even see Glenn from The Walking Dead & he hardly does any films.
 
Agree, I'd go further and say she stole the movie. Looked at objectively, her side of the movie is way more interesting than Tom's team's...+1 for the script.

Now that I read all this I wonder if the movie I watched was the same as what you all watched...
 
Seriously? I thought it was one of the better MI movies of the series. Also had a really cool female character that stood her own ground. Cool vehicles, cool locations, cool plot devices...not sure what more you could want from an MI movie tbh.

Agreed on this. Watched it last night. Really enjoyed the stronger female character. She wasn't just a plot device.

The crazy product placement was a bit in your face, but at least it provides beautiful vehicles.

Those bikes, yoh! Loved that whole scene. The cinematography was amazing.
 
Mission:Impossible(?) 5

4/10

average, even for a mindless action movie.

EDIT: I waited the ENTIRE movie for the climax.

I really gave it a shot, went in with an open mind but honestly it just seemed slow. Kept waiting and waiting for "it" to get going until he was gassed and I realised it was over.

A few chuckles here and there but nope, wasn't worth it.

Looks like a case of not enough MI foreplay to get you in the mood.

;)
 
There are plenty of mediocre stuck in space and everybody has claustrophobia flics out there. It seems to be the mainstay of space movies (except for Space Jam, which has nothing to do with space). Something similar (and in my opinion better) might be Solaris (2002) with George Clooney or the French scifi Dante 01 (2008) which similar to Lockout (2012) with Guy Pearce

I loved Solaris. Haven't had a chance to check out Tarkovky's original.

The Babadook (2014)

Pathetic horror story. I wanted the kid to die within 10 minutes into the story. Not scary for 1 second. At least the acting was fine. 4/10

There's a deeper story there. I loved the movie, thought it took horror to a different place, compared to 'horror' these days.
 
Entourage (2015) 8.5/10

This is a biased review as I love the series; all 8 seasons/96 episodes.

Even though it's been 4yrs since the series ended the movie picks up right where if left off.

*Every* character from the series is in the movie.

If you're a fan of the series you will love the movie. Huge amount of celebrities playing themselves.

Ari is the man & the boys are back

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1439227175.098328.jpg

That's a big list of cameos!

ImageUploadedByMyBroadband1439228333.907633.jpg
 
Last edited:
Terminator Genisys (2015) 8/10

Damnit I enjoyed this. The right amount of nostalgia. Sarah is better and hotter with a gun, than with a dragon. I just loved this movie! :love:
 
Terminator Genisys (2015) 8/10

Damnit I enjoyed this. The right amount of nostalgia. Sarah is better and hotter with a gun, than with a dragon. I just loved this movie! :love:


Just so you know, I'm now judging you

:twisted:
 
Terminator Genisys (2015) 8/10

Damnit I enjoyed this. The right amount of nostalgia. Sarah is better and hotter with a gun, than with a dragon. I just loved this movie! :love:

I give your rating a -2/10, Fanie...balance restored ;)
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X