MTN 1TB deals

Archie1

I know its been mentioned that data share works, but I haven't seen anyone who actually has it? Does anyone have data share working with this? If so, how does it work? Is it mobile?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I would also like to know if the 1Tb data is shareable and how much can be shared.

Blazzok

Guys just to confirm can the data be shared on this package?
If yes is it the full 1tb? View attachment 959560
Hey

I recently signed up for this deal, finally got the router and sim on Tuesday. Datashare does NOT seem to work on this. I have tried to activate datashare in the app but it fails. I have also tried to send data but it tells me there is no applicable bundle to be sent.

I have not yet tried to call MTN to see if I can it working that way, but right now datashare isn't working for me.

Blazzok

Oky I called MTN to try my luck, however you can't activate Datashare on the Made for Home Fixed LTE data packages.

Maybe if you have the 1TB business deal it is possible, but not for this specific package.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Oky I called MTN to try my luck, however you can't activate Datashare on the Made for Home Fixed LTE data packages.

Maybe if you have the 1TB business deal it is possible, but not for this specific package.

Ah okay, so there are different versions of this deal, just to make life interesting.

Blazzok

Ah okay, so there are different versions of this deal, just to make life interesting.
Yeah. And seems there is also some kind of 500GB + 500GB Black Friday sneaky hidden deal out there as well. So definitely makes it confusing.

Also another update, the ZTE router which you have to take with the deal is giving me problems. Drops my internet about every 2 hours and only restarting the router fixes the problem.
I've moved the sim over to my Huawei B525 now, added the right APN, and so far so good.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Yeah. And seems there is also some kind of 500GB + 500GB Black Friday sneaky hidden deal out there as well. So definitely makes it confusing.

Also another update, the ZTE router which you have to take with the deal is giving me problems. Drops my internet about every 2 hours and only restarting the router fixes the problem.
I've moved the sim over to my Huawei B525 now, added the right APN, and so far so good.

Ouch!!!!

Not nice!!!

Never been a fan of ZTE stuff, dince the days of USB Dongles ...

If I have to take a ZTE device, chance are I will go another route and get an equivalent package some wherever else.

RegA

I have been having the exact same problem with this deal and the supplied ZTE router where internet keeps stopping every few hours and I have to restart (very annoying!). Was told by MTN that they have not seen this issue before. I have been trying for the past 2 weeks to get some resolution to this, but nothing has changed so far.

Seeing as how I am not the only one having this issue, I will try using another router. Hopefully MTN includes the Huawei B818 in their router list soon.

elf_lord_ZC5

Executive Member
Looking on MTN's web site, I do not find a SIM only 1 Terrabyte any time data deal.

Only the deal for 1 Terrabyte Any Time data, with ZTE router for R1059.00 a month on 24 month contract.

mehraan

I see the fine print changed on the website
Is this a cause for concern or is this media data on top of the 1tb anytime?
7e9a9ab59ebd03bcd4ef56d10aa73af5.jpg

Archie1

I see the fine print changed on the website
Is this a cause for concern or is this media data on top of the 1tb anytime?
7e9a9ab59ebd03bcd4ef56d10aa73af5.jpg
Doesn't seem right. Seems to be referring to the MTN Sky plan? Otherwise why is there talk about SMSs and minutes as well?

The_Librarian

Another MyBB
Super Moderator
MTN requiring their cuss-tomers to jump through hoops.

Do they still use an archaic system?

SlowInternet

Executive Member
I'm really confused now with this 1Tb data deal. Some say you can share data and some say you cannot. I contacted MTN on Facebook messenger and the consultant that replied said

"Hi , yes you can link the number that you want to share data with. You can link both contract and prepaid. The number that you are sharing with will have unlimited access to your data. ~NK"

I asked about the 1Tb deal :unsure:

R_Factor

I'm really confused now with this 1Tb data deal. Some say you can share data and some say you cannot. I contacted MTN on Facebook messenger and the consultant that replied said

"Hi , yes you can link the number that you want to share data with. You can link both contract and prepaid. The number that you are sharing with will have unlimited access to your data. ~NK"

I asked about the 1Tb deal :unsure:
In simple terms, you can DataShare the base 500GB portion on the Business Pro 500GB + 500GB Promo package @ R999pm

1TB Home Deal you cannot DataShare and it’s Fixed LTE only.

Now there’s a Black Friday retentions deal 500GB day + 500GB night express after 12 which is R499pm x 36 months, no clue if DataShare applies to any portion there.

To avoid all confusion I took the business deal at R999pm, it’s straight forward and the entire 1TB is anytime data with the only exception being you can only share 500GB. All the other irritations are gone i.e Can be used in any device be it a phone or ANY router, not fixed to a location etc etc

According to quite a few guys it’s 5G compatible as well whenever it goes live in your area. That doesn’t really bother me since I’m running it since October and I only see 5G being activated in my area in the final year of this deal so not really a biggy for me.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
In simple terms, you can DataShare the base 500GB portion on the Business Pro 500GB + 500GB Promo package @ R999pm

1TB Home Deal you cannot DataShare and it’s Fixed LTE only.

Now there’s a Black Friday retentions deal 500GB day + 500GB night express after 12 which is R499pm x 36 months, no clue if DataShare applies to any portion there.

To avoid all confusion I took the business deal at R999pm, it’s straight forward and the entire 1TB is anytime data with the only exception being you can only share 500GB. All the other irritations are gone i.e Can be used in any device be it a phone or ANY router, not fixed to a location etc etc

According to quite a few guys it’s 5G compatible as well whenever it goes live in your area. That doesn’t really bother me since I’m running it since October and I only see 5G being activated in my area in the final year of this deal so not really a biggy for me.
But some cannot afford R999 a month, this is why the R499 deal is so enticing to all the peeps