MTN 1TB deals

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
I'm looking to sign up for the 1tb fixed LTE deal, since I haven't used fixed LTE before can anyone comment on how MTNs performance is? Will I get the same speeds as on my normal MTN sim card?
You should do your research on best network in SA, MTN is the best.. But again if you in the bushes somewhere remote then it wont be.. if you get what i am saying?
Make sure there is good network around like using the Mybroadband speed test app (@rpm repping hard bru)

netstrider

Expert Member
You should do your research on best network in SA, MTN is the best.. But again if you in the bushes somewhere remote then it wont be.. if you get what i am saying?
Make sure there is good network around like using the Mybroadband speed test app (@rpm repping hard bru)
By the way, what are your speeds like since signing up?

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Oh and thats not even the best signal point apparently... using the AI app via my phone its sitting high orange and sometimes goes green.. (blue is best signal which is one up from green)

mehraan

Hi there

uhm. i get about 30down and 22up with 19-30 ping
speed test yesterday afternoon about 3pm
Hi

This is from your Speedtest at one point, but do you experience any drop in speeds throughout the day?
I'm going to be using it for work during the day so need a constant good connection, and streaming in the evening

I'm in the Durban area btw

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Hi

This is from your Speedtest at one point, but do you experience any drop in speeds throughout the day?
I'm going to be using it for work during the day so need a constant good connection, and streaming in the evening

I'm in the Durban area btw
Hi there

Well its been pretty constant, speeds have gotten above 50 sometimes as well.
i have had no issues

BrianvR

I've tried to subscribe to MTN Fixed LTE but have run into an address problem, and I'm hoping that someone can assist by giving me some advice or pointing me in the right direction....

I am really keen to subscribe to the 1TB fixed LTE deal that MTN are currently running. I have applied at an MTN Branch for this deal and have also applied online for this deal. The problem I've run into is that I live on a smallholding that doesn't have a usual street address. When the "system" cannot find my smallholding or plot address then I'm bluntly told that they cannot assist me further and that I'm unable to sign up for that contract.

The frustration is that MTN's old system could load contracts based on GPS coordinates but the new system can't.

What is further frustrating is that it has been confirmed (by MTN) that I am in a MTN fixed LTE area (in fact, I can see the MTN tower a mere 600m from my house!)

Has anyone experienced this problem previously?
If so, is there any advice anyone can give me to try and resolve this issue?

What is really disappointing is that I am a long-standing MTN client and currently have 4 MTN contracts.
Yet, no-one from MTN is prepared to try and assist!

I've written a complaint to the Customer Care centre and haven't even had the courtesy of a response!

netstrider

Expert Member
Hi I.am.Sam,

Tried that.... or something very similar.
Provided a street address very close to my smallholding (100m away) but was rejected at the Rivonia MTN branch.
You will probably need to provide some proof of residence if you're using another address. The branch probably saw it doesn't match, but they should then be asking for proof of residence rather than dismissing your application.

Anyway, have a relative or pal give you written proof of residence maybe?

Not entirely ethical, but if you've got coverage and you're being deprived of a service based on a flawed system on their side then I see no other option.

Maybe some years ago you could threaten to cancel all your contracts if they didn't help you but nobody seems to care anymore these days.

MidnightZA

Expert Member
So i received this email today... enlighten me please, as i laughed so hard i almost broke my chair.

Typical MTN response, not surprised. I've never rebooted my router at midnight and my night surfer data gets used

You may want to remove your number from there.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Typical MTN response, not surprised. I've never rebooted my router at midnight and my night surfer data gets used

You may want to remove your number from there.
lol i dont even know how to do this without deleting etc. maybe ill do this

netstrider

Expert Member
May have been a requirement 10 years ago or something.

Certainly no longer in my experience.