MTN 1TB deals

unobeat

That sucks. If you have the money might as well buy the router, use old router and sell the new router.

That way at least you make some of the money back.

Unfortunately every Joe already has a router nowadays.
True

I am not sure why they pushing that you buy their Router.

Jake45

Expert Member
I think the month to month Telkom deals without router are available until 19 November -
40+40GB for R199pm, 60+60GB for R299pm, 70+70GB for R399pm and 90+90GB for R499pm.
http://deals.telkom.co.za/Broadsheet.pdf

These are proper mobile bundles (i.e. not tower locked) that can be used anywhere there is Telkom coverage and I think that some of the data can be transferred to other Telkom users which is much more flexible than a Fixed LTE package from MTN.

MozieF1

Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone actually took the MTN 1TB deal and can maybe give some feedback on speeds and throttling.

Currently on the MTN fixed LTE 300GB and works great but for R1349 a month, the 1TB seems very appealing. Just the 24 month contract has me thinking twice.,

Checked with Telkom already for the 1TB deal, can't get that because of tower constraints and their peak time speeds are horrible anyways.

Any feedback/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
I think the month to month Telkom deals without router are available until 19 November -
40+40GB for R199pm, 60+60GB for R299pm, 70+70GB for R399pm and 90+90GB for R499pm.
http://deals.telkom.co.za/Broadsheet.pdf

These are proper mobile bundles (i.e. not tower locked) that can be used anywhere there is Telkom coverage and I think that some of the data can be transferred to other Telkom users which is much more flexible than a Fixed LTE package from MTN.
How does payment work? Debit order? Can I use my Samsung J1 as a Hotspot as opposed to buying a router as I only need it for 5 months.. Thx I advance

Jake45

Expert Member
How does payment work? Debit order? Can I use my Samsung J1 as a Hotspot as opposed to buying a router as I only need it for 5 months.. Thx I advance
Apparently these SIM only deals are only available on 24 month contracts. The best would be to visit a Telkom shop to confirm as there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding these offers.

Alternatively you could just purchase a 61-day prepaid LTE bundle from Telkom (see attached table for prices) or a Telkom month to month package from Axxess or WebAfrica. You should be able to use any of the Telkom bundles in a Samsung J1 hotspot. You should be able to save money by using larger 61-day bundles split over two months instead of smaller bundles every month i.e. the 60+60GB bundle for R459 could be split over two months for R230pm which provides more data for less than than two 20+20GB bundles for R500.

I assume that they would want you to pay via debit order although you might be able to pay via an EFT if you send this before the debit order run.

Attachments

• telkom-lte-fixed-prepaid.jpg
    telkom-lte-fixed-prepaid.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 61
Last edited:

STORMERSFAN

Expert Member
Apparently these SIM only deals are only available on 24 month contracts. The best would be to visit a Telkom shop to confirm as there seems to be a lot of confusion regarding these offers.

Alternatively you could just purchase a 61-day prepaid LTE bundle from Telkom (see attached table for prices) or a Telkom month to month package from Axxess or WebAfrica. You should be able to use any of the Telkom bundles in a Samsung J1 hotspot. You should be able to save money by using larger 61-day bundles split over two months instead of smaller bundles every month i.e. the 60+60GB bundle for R459 could be split over two months for R230pm which provides more data for less than than two 20+20GB bundles for R500.

I assume that they would want you to pay via debit order although you might be able to pay via an EFT if you send this before the debit order run.
Thank you.. You've been a great help

skyw4lk3r

This business deal isn't badly priced either
Get 110gb anytime, and an additional 110gb during certain portion of work hours( page 5 October deals says 8 am to 5pm, but not sure if that is correct), for 519 if on 24 months contract, alternatively 579 month to month.

That's just over what afrihost charge for the usual mtn 100gb.

SIM SIM Only
Number of devices for order

On a
MTN Business Broadband LTE 110GB
contract
110.0GB
Data
0min
Anytime minutes
0sms
SMSs
+Bonus
110GB Work Express
Data
0min
Minutes
Subscription breakdown
SIM SIM Only
R579
Total monthly cost for Month-to-Month R579

Last edited:

skyw4lk3r

On a
contract
110.0GB
Data
0min
Anytime minutes
0sms
SMSs
+Bonus
110GB Work Express
Data
0min
Minutes
Subscription breakdown
SIM SIM Only
R579
Total monthly cost for Month-to-Month R579
And this is definitely without a router, and available for application on their website.
I'm gonna be going with this

McSack

Executive Member
And this is definitely without a router, and available for application on their website.
I'm gonna be going with this
Damn! Fixed LTE only and they don't have coverage where I want to use this :(

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Ok so... took the sim home last night.. into the router annnd red light...

i waied..... then i got frustrated waiting called 135 spoke to an awesome service champion guy person, he said theres a soft block on it (actually happened to my phone earlier too) my credit limit was exceeded so blocks where put in place for security.

otherwise all sorted so far, got pro rata 85gigs. Will wait for the first bill

netstrider

Expert Member
Ok so... took the sim home last night.. into the router annnd red light...

i waied..... then i got frustrated waiting called 135 spoke to an awesome service champion guy person, he said theres a soft block on it (actually happened to my phone earlier too) my credit limit was exceeded so blocks where put in place for security.

otherwise all sorted so far, got pro rata 85gigs. Will wait for the first bill
Been with MTN nearing on a decade now on phone (minutes) and data (internet). Never heard anything of that sort from them.

Gtx Gaming

Gtx Gaming
Hi Guys,

Just wondering if anyone actually took the MTN 1TB deal and can maybe give some feedback on speeds and throttling.

Currently on the MTN fixed LTE 300GB and works great but for R1349 a month, the 1TB seems very appealing. Just the 24 month contract has me thinking twice.,

Checked with Telkom already for the 1TB deal, can't get that because of tower constraints and their peak time speeds are horrible anyways.

Any feedback/advice/recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

Its 90% of time really good speed wise( as force you use lte-a router) and no throttling.

ReeceDBN031

Expert Member
Been with MTN nearing on a decade now on phone (minutes) and data (internet). Never heard anything of that sort from them.
Yes me too, but im with MTN business now.. not sure if they specifically have this in place or something

ryan10

I signed up for the 1TB business deal. Just want to find out if the data bundle allocation is supposed to be like this? According to the MTN android app...
MTN B 1TB Deal.JPG
Screenshot_20201028-141717_MTN.jpg
Screenshot_20201028-141658_MTN.jpg

mehraan

I'm looking to sign up for the 1tb fixed LTE deal, since I haven't used fixed LTE before can anyone comment on how MTNs performance is? Will I get the same speeds as on my normal MTN sim card?