MTN Black Friday Discussions

MidnightZA

Expert Member
Mine is also incorrect, the bonus data is not showing up.

Will wait a few days before logging a query.

I already called the retention dept and they said they used the same deal code for everyone that got the 199/299 deal, so it might be a bigger issue if a lot of people are only getting 11GB, 150min and 100 SMS. As opposed to the 81GB, 650min and 100 SMS that we meant to get.

The lady I spoke to said she will escalate it with all the numbers affected that I gave her (My 4 nummbers) and they will look into it

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
I already called the retention dept and they said they used the same deal code for everyone that got the 199/299 deal, so it might be a bigger issue if a lot of people are only getting 11GB, 150min and 100 SMS. As opposed to the 81GB, 650min and 100 SMS that we meant to get.

The lady I spoke to said she will escalate it with all the numbers affected that I gave her (My 4 nummbers) and they will look into it

what number did you dial ?

MidnightZA

Expert Member
what number did you dial ?

135, then asked to be transferred to retentions.

I think if more people bring it up then they will look into it quicker

EDIT: Expect a long hold time. I waited about 10 min for my call to be answered

Last edited:

Dean01

I alerted them too. They bound to do something about it as it appears to be affecting everyone who took the deal

jammio

Now this also comes.;

Y'ello! Thank you for purchasing an Internet bundle during our Internet promotion. You have received 2.5GB FREE which expires in 15 days. Ts and Cs apply

I'm so lost lol I never bought any bundle

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Now this also comes.;

Y'ello! Thank you for purchasing an Internet bundle during our Internet promotion. You have received 2.5GB FREE which expires in 15 days. Ts and Cs apply

I'm so lost lol I never bought any bundle

haha i want my 45 gigs not 2.5

Stevewarren

Yeah my night time data is working since the new data but I only got 50GB night time instead of 100GB but I got a extra 50GB anytime data so I'm not complaining. :)

ejacob25

I emailed mtn regarding my missing data and they said that there was a technical glitch with the provisioning of data and will be sorted by end of today

Last edited:

I.am.Sam

Honorary Master
Lol I'm in opposite boat they're allocating me like double the data and 10 times the mins than they should. Christmas miracle. Will wait to see the debit amount before feeling smug

Yeah dont fight it now lol

airborne

Honorary Master
Can anyone confirm that Datashare and dualsim does not work?

I'm on a 299 60+60gb deal.

I have both enabled and the dualsim won't work and the Datashare has been pending since I activated it a week or 2 ago.

Park@82

Honorary Master
Can anyone confirm that Datashare and dualsim does not work?

I'm on a 299 60+60gb deal.

I have both enabled and the dualsim won't work and the Datashare has been pending since I activated it a week or 2 ago.
Datashare should work. Activated on mine. I don't know about dualsim...

Park@82

Honorary Master
Dual Sim works on mine. Datashare doesn't.

Weird..
Maybe they can't activate both? I asked them to confirm that datashare works before I decided to upgrade. Afaik the "make for me" contracts does not support it.

airborne

Honorary Master
Datashare should work. Activated on mine. I don't know about dualsim...
Dual Sim works on mine. Datashare doesn't.

Weird..
Ok I can confirm the Dual Sim works on mine as well, I realized I got sim cards mixed up with a old dead sim. :cool:

Now for Datashare, some people mentioned you can't run Dual Sim and Datashare at the same time, which I'm hoping is not true.

airborne

Honorary Master
Maybe they can't activate both? I asked them to confirm that datashare works before I decided to upgrade. Afaik the "make for me" contracts does not support it.
The 299 60+60 are mtnchoice contracts