MTN HTC S710

friedpiggy

wouldnt it be nice if there was a way that if a company makes a mistake like this that you could hold them to the terms of the advert? so mtn mistakenly put it up for R169 the nyou could hold them to that and they would have to give it to you at R169

damian24

wouldnt it be nice if there was a way that if a company makes a mistake like this that you could hold them to the terms of the advert? so mtn mistakenly put it up for R169 the nyou could hold them to that and they would have to give it to you at R169

I did... MTN direct incorrectly advertised the U700 for R139 on procall 120, I got 2 of them on the offer with one for my wife and another for myself... got rid of the one U700 though, I prefer my E90

D

Saajid

Expert Member
I did... MTN direct incorrectly advertised the U700 for R139 on procall 120, I got 2 of them on the offer with one for my wife and another for myself... got rid of the one U700 though, I prefer my E90

D
Thats awesome.. how did you manage to do that?

PeterP

In some countries their marketing laws stipulate that a consumer is entitled to the product at the advertised price - provided he could not have know that price was incorrect (i.e absurdly low or price tag fallen from top tv to the one below etc).

In this case customer should have received product at advertised price.

Same goes for VAT excl prices - if advertised excl. thats what you pay.

Consumer protection still needs some beefing up in this country.

_TrXtR_

Seems more like mtn needs protection from their consumers imo.
Considering it's run by selfish money hungry human beings, it definitely seems that they put effort into trying to correct the mistake.

MielieSpoor

Expert Member
P&P is about the only company that I know of that gives you the product at the cheaper prices if they made a mistake to wrt the price on the shelf and advertised/real price. I also have never had an issue to get a product at the cheaper price. All they do is just send someone to the shelf and verify the price and then charge you the cheaper price without asking questions. They don't make many of those mistakes though... I think MTN should take a leaf out of P7P's book when it comes to customer service and guarentees!

And alos, the ASA should start to penelise the offenders, because there is almost weekly an article like this regarding MTN.