MTN simplifying its products

sajunky

Honorary Master
They are scared of ICT White Paper, probably facing strong competition from Telkom as well.

However details are to be announced yet, I expect it will happen coincidentally after or around Cell C price increase which come in effect 1st Feb 2017. Do you know what I mean?

j4ck455

Executive Member
MTN has committed to simplifying its products and customers can expect a competitive customer-centric company in 2017. This is according to MTN SA CEO Mteto Nyati.
That is just meaningless waffle that has no substance.

MyBB needs to go back to MTN's CEO and ask questions like:

What are MTN's over-complicated products that have been targeted for simplification?

If there is no answer to that question one can safely conclude that MTN was full of crap about plans for 2017.

Nyati told MyBroadband that their interaction with customers will be underpinned by simplified customer propositions, tailor-made for customers.
That sounds like MTN thinks it can improve interaction with customers by "dumbing things down".

MTN needs to pull its head out of its arse quickly.

Hemi300c

Honorary Master
Just another way to screw the customer and get more money out of them.
Yes there are too many fking types of mtn contracts and yes it'll be nice if simplified but don't put/hide increases in.

Vice

Expert Member
That is just meaningless waffle that has no substance.

MyBB needs to go back to MTN's CEO and ask questions like:

What are MTN's over-complicated products that have been targeted for simplification?

If there is no answer to that question one can safely conclude that MTN was full of crap about plans for 2017.

That sounds like MTN thinks it can improve interaction with customers by "dumbing things down".

MTN needs to pull its head out of its arse quickly.
+1
I can't better ^^

falcon786

Honorary Master
MTN South Africa invested R12 billion to increase capacity and modernise its network, which is starting to pay off.

“In 2016, we managed to improve our throughput speeds and quadrupled the number of our LTE sites,” said Nyati.
After using them in my second phone for the past month this is easy to believe,almost everywhere I went I got LTE and the speeds were pretty decent too except in crowded areas where download was relatively slow like 10mbps but uploads were still fast over 20mbps.

Budza

Executive Member
Simplify now, complicate later once you've had a few people sign up.

No thanks.