Multiple HUAWEI E220 HSDPA modems on Ubuntu Jaunty

berna16

Hi All,

Can you please help me in my problem..

I have two (2) HUAWEI E220 HSDPA modems connected to my Ubuntu Jaunty computer. I have successfully brought up the connections using both wvdial and pon/poff commands. The problems is that I can't be able to load balance the distribution of packets to both modems. It only goes through one port (ppp1 - because this is the device I last connected to the computer.) I want to be able to use ppp0 as well to increase my internet connects.

The 2 HSDPA modems are from only one Internet Service Provider (ISP) - Globe Telecom Philippines to be exact. But I also have a third modem (Sun Cellular Philippines as the provider), because I was testing if it was the issue of same ISPs which caused the problem to load balacing.

I tried to use eql and sch_teql but I had several issues concerning these approaches.

When I brought up EQL and eql_enslave the two modems, was not able to connect to the internet.

Using sch_teql enabled me to connect to the internet but it only used one port to connect as well.

Could anyone suggest anything to solve my problem? I would gladly appreciate them.

Thanks,
berna16