MVix ?!?

medicnick83

Paramedic
Who in Cape Town sells MVIX players?

I think Esquire does, but anyone else know if ANYONE else does?

LazyLion

King of de Jungle
Matrix sells them here in Joburg. Best you phone them and ask.

Can you not also get them online and shipped?

Which one are you looking at?

m13l13

dealer list is on their website, CT and online shops
http://www.mvix.co.za/Mvix South African DealersA.htm

I have one and they are awesome! The 780 is the lastest and probably the one you want.
http://www.mvix.co.za/Mvix_MX780HD_Page1.htm

Just a note on the wireless: Its probably my least favorite feature. Yes, you can connect to it wireless, but trying to upload/download or watch anything via the wireless interface is painful! I rather connect via USB for transfers.

And do not connect more than one PC to the file system with write access... somehow this messed up my disk file index... painful to fix..

good luck

SuperAntMD

Expert Member
How much does an Mvix go for? I've always thought a PS3 is far better value for money while doing the same + Blu ray and games...

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I got my mVix PVR from esquire, but they don't have any stock right now... It works like a charm... But forget about streaming HD via wireless... Got to hard wired for that, but for divx its fine!

MrWireless

Why not look at a popcornhour? I have one, its awesome. Plays almost anything you can throw at it, even MKV's....

Bundle it with YAMJ (Yet Another Movie Jukebox) and it downloads trailers, descriptions, pictures and categorises your movies nicely for you!

killkom

My Advice to you is not to but the MVIX 780 HD

I have one and it does not deliver what it promisses.

It does not support H.264 so they excludes it from any common HD video support

It does do HD but you will have to convert the H.264 files to Divx HD which can take over 4 to 5 hours for a normal movie

It plays SD divx movies well though if thats all you going to buy it for then great otherwise stay away

Popcorn hour supports H.264 so that is definitely a better option although i have never used one it looks pretty good in the reviews

Cheers

SirFooK'nG

Executive Member
I converted a m2ts file to H.264 mp4 file and it played fine on my mVix, via FTS...

Kawak

Expert Member
Mvix should be easy to ship from joburg if u buy it without the hdd inside, I will still suggest a HTPC tho, it rocks.