Mweb Free Nightime data

jamesdevilliers

Hi

I am currently on an 8mb/s uncapped ADSL Line through MWEB. They recently changed their online interface where you check your data usage. There seems to be a new part of the daily bar called "Free night time data".

Can anyone clarify what time this applies to as I can't seem to find it anywhere online?

beesboertjie

Hi James. If you’re on an uncapped plan, then the free night time data would not apply. Free night time data is only applicable to capped packages, apparently from midnight to 6 am. With Telkom it’s from midnight to 7 am.

However, Telkom has a fair use policy (FUP) of 360 GB on 4 Mbps uncapped, and 900 GB on 10 Mbps uncapped. Data used between midnight and 7am do not count towards FUP.

MWEB’s FUP is a secret.

Off-The-Chart

Expert Member
Hi James. If you’re on an uncapped plan, then the free night time data would not apply. Free night time data is only applicable to capped packages, apparently from midnight to 6 am. With Telkom it’s from midnight to 7 am.

However, Telkom has a fair use policy (FUP) of 360 GB on 4 Mbps uncapped, and 900 GB on 10 Mbps uncapped. Data used between midnight and 7am do not count towards FUP.

MWEB’s FUP is a secret.
then they should edit that interface because I almost got happy

on an uncapped and I also see that in my graph, however if it doesn't apply to uncapped then there should be no distinction in the graph

ponder

Honorary Master
Hi

I am currently on an 8mb/s uncapped ADSL Line through MWEB. They recently changed their online interface where you check your data usage. There seems to be a new part of the daily bar called "Free night time data".

Can anyone clarify what time this applies to as I can't seem to find it anywhere online?
http://portal.mweb.co.za/mailers2014/Nighttimedata/nightimedata.html

With our Night Time Data promotion, you will receive an amount of FREE data equal to the size of your current data cap to use between 12am and 6am.