MWEB Rain LTE feedback

groenie

I got fed up with ADSL last week. Line is down every 2 weeks, low sync speed, 25-50% packet loss. I can get Telkom LTE, but not LTE-A or uncapped (R799 pm). Fibre is a long way in the future. Decided I'm done with Telkom.

Ordered LTE online from MWEB last week Thursday night. They called me on Friday, did the RICA and delivery was scheduled for 26 July (5 business days). To my surprise, I got an SMS this morning (24 July) that said my router and SIM will be delivered between 9:00 and 17:00. Courier was here at 9:30. SIM wasn't yet activated, but got activated sometime during the afternoon.

Overall, the customer service from MWEB was excellent. Definately on par with Axxess which I've been using for most the last decade.

dotcat

Why is it so slow with those figures? LTE-A should be over 100Mb/s - The whole Rain speed thing has me flummoxed!

cavedog

Honorary Master
yup - this is pretty much it at RSRP: -72dBm most days - http://www.speedtest.net/my-result/6487001769
Yeah MTN and Vodacom LTE A is peaking at an average of 135Mbps. Even that is not impressive but waaay better than Rain LTE A and Let's be honest here how many subscribers does MTN, Vodacom and TElkom have on their network compared to Rain?

Yeah Rain has been pretty disappointing from the start to be honest.....