MWEB slashes prices for high speed bonded ADSL

Synaesthesia

Executive Member
Well done M-Web, our ISP's are doing well but it's a shame we can't get higher than 4mbps line speed, and need to bond them still. Bring on the 100mbps fibre network already! (and I'm talking about Telkom/the Government here, not M-web

bierman

dammm this will be so nice to have at home a 16mb connection uncapped full speed 24/7

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
If only I had R11k per month to blow on internet access... :p

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master
Who will be next to follow? :D

At this rate Telkom will be so far behind, they'll be all but forgotten in a few months time.

Na-iem

This is nothing new.
My company uses a unshaped 20Mbps connection for a year now.
We've been using the "Fishbone Line Bonder" system from http://www.voxdatapro.co.za/fishbone/default.asp

It allows you to use 5 x 4Mbps ADSL lines - you can achieve speeds of 20Mbps.

I can't find the prices of their products/services anywhere on their website. I find it quite annoying when companies don't put their prices up on their website (are they too embarrassed..?) :(

Anthro

Expert Member
Also been using Vox for the past year or so for our bonded lines, 4x4MB
This is a decent offering

Last edited:

Fjorko

Expert Member
How is this a great offer?

In the first world, households have up to 50Mbps or more Broadband connections at less than 10% of those prices - plus, then they throw in Cable TV and Phone to boot !

This is what we should be getting exited about once it lands ( if it ever does ).

Nah - Still a rip off if you ask me ! Even if it is a business offering !

Last edited:

Hectic

Executive Member

In the first world, households have up to 50Mbps or more Broadband connections at less than 10% of those prices - plus, then they throw in Cable TV and Phone to boot !

This is what we should be getting exited about once it lands ( if it ever does ).

We did not ask you - in fact you are not in the first world. Grow up. This seems to be a decent offer from Mweb. Accept it for that and hope that better offerings on all fronts will come.

BrokenLink

then move to the first world. rome wasnt build in a day.
Lotsa money, but step in the right direction. Keep it coming! Would be nice to bond 4 of those 10mbps lines together......when telkom launches them in 2054