MWEB Uncapped ADSL - Official Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Checked my graph on utorrent this morning, hit 205kb/s around midnight, then it dropped DRAMATICALLY to 25kb/s from 3am - and has stayed that way since.

Open the pipes...my ass.



As I speak im getting 200kb/s consistently. It depends on your torrent seeding etc.
 
Hi MDE,

It is dependant on network load. The situation will improve in a day or two as additional capacity is bought online, however this does not mean one is guaranteed line speed all the time. You should achieve best performance in the late evening/early mornings when (priority traffic) load is at its least.

MWB.

MWEB - Has the additional capacity been delivered by the provider as they promised?
 
Is anyone currently being throttled on normal HTTP downloads? (not from Rapidshare etc.)
 
To MWEB

I'm an existing MWeb customer who gets 5GB at 512k for R299 per month.

Since it would not cost more money to upgrade to 512k uncapped (R299), I received an email on 18 March saying that I would be upgraded automatically. I was under the impression that the upgrade would take effect from today (1st of the month) but my ADSL Usage page shows that I have 5GB for this month once again. I know of people who were automatically upgraded when the service went live.

Is it possible to find out when exactly I will be upgraded and is it possible to speed up this process as I don't think it would be fair to pay R299 for 5GB this month when uncapped is the same price. I noticed that the only capped options now are 1, 2 and 3GB anyway.

Thank you for this industry shaking service and hope to hear from you soon,
bbabraham
 
That's weird because I am throttled down to 10-15 KB on a 384 line.
 
for 4MB users i can understand that kind of throttling but halving a 384 line's speed is just plain nasty
 
NO GO ! FOR GAMERS !

Hi

I would just like to tell everyone that is planning on using this for games it is a NO GO - I am using a 4Mb Line , ISP = axxess.co.za ( Backbone = Internet Solutions , IS )

For Gaming The Ping sits at 100 - 120 constant. For downloading i used to get 450Kb/s now i get 300Kb/s

And for Torrents maybe 200Kb/s Max with Thousands of seeders and peers.

These Accounts are NOT Gaming ACCOUNTS - They are Shaped - They are For Browsing with speed and accessing Email at speed and some Downloading - NOT GAMING.

Mweb , Axxess , Openweb , Afrihost - DON'T BE DUMB ALL THE ISPS WILL BE THE SAME
 
Last edited:
Hi

I would just like to tell everyone that is planning on using this for games it is a NO GO - I am using a 4Mb Line , ISP = axxess.co.za

For Gaming The Ping sits at 100 - 120 constant. For downloading i used to get 450Kb/s now i get 300Kb/s

And for Torrents maybe 200Kb/s Max with Thousands of seeders and peers.

These Accounts are NOT Gaming ACCOUNTS - They are Shaped - They are For Browsing with speed and accessing Email at speed and some Downloading - NOT GAMING.

Strange, i have no issues online, i play cod4, bf bc2 , wow, no issues
 
Hi

I would just like to tell everyone that is planning on using this for games it is a NO GO - I am using a 4Mb Line , ISP = axxess.co.za

For Gaming The Ping sits at 100 - 120 constant. For downloading i used to get 450Kb/s now i get 300Kb/s

And for Torrents maybe 200Kb/s Max with Thousands of seeders and peers.

These Accounts are NOT Gaming ACCOUNTS - They are Shaped - They are For Browsing with speed and accessing Email at speed and some Downloading - NOT GAMING.

MWeb - would you consider giving gaming traffic priority at some point? It doesn't use massive amounts of bandwidth and needs low latency.
 
i got my account details from mweb but the password they gave me is the lamest of passwords. 654321 - I hope they're not giving that out to all their customers. How do I go about changing it now - do they have a client zone I can logon to and change my details/ view my usage etc?

Update: Ok - found the my account setup on the mail page. Now the problem is when I signed up I didnt want a mweb account. so i've signed into the my account using my gmail account - how do I now link it to my mweb customer number?
 
Last edited:
How are we supposed to speak to anyone at Mweb-- I have been holding on for 95 minutes so far!!!
 
So I signed up this morning and it seems theres a big delay in generating new accounts in their system. It's been 1 hour and still not able to use the account.
Hi muzzling,

Apologies, we are running long provisioning queues atm due the to overwhelming demand for signups today so there will be some delay.

MWB.
 
Checked my graph on utorrent this morning, hit 205kb/s around midnight, then it dropped DRAMATICALLY to 25kb/s from 3am - and has stayed that way since.
Hi luxe,

There we no changes made or issues on our network during the night. Can you confirm nothing changed in your local setup/environment?

MWB.
 
Hi muzzling,

Apologies, we are running long provisioning queues atm due the to overwhelming demand for signups today so there will be some delay.

MWB.

Thanks, I am up and running now. Where can I log in to check my usage, account details, etc?
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X