Mweb webhosting service SUCKS!

charmedsilver

I've had my website hosted by Mweb for over a year.

Since May Google has had the 403 forbidden error when trying to crawl my website thus it doesn't appear when people Google my business' name!
I'm losing money!!

Every time I contact them it takes at least a week for them to get back to me.
They sorted the problem out once or twice but my website hasn't been available to Google for two months now.
It seem every time I update my website the 403 error crawls in.
I keep emailing and a week later I get an email saying the Unix team advised there is a fix and I should retest.
When I retest I have to send another email and wait another week for a response.

I advertise my website but then customers can't access it when they Google the name!

Your service SUCKS!!!!

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Their communication is usually pretty bad - what do they say the problem is? What website (pm if you wish) and what platform etc? If the problem comes up every time you update, there's something odd there :)

charmedsilver

Hi AntiThesis

Thanks for the reply.
First of all, I'm not a computer tech person. That's why I chose the webhosting from Mweb as it's easy for the layperson.
I actually have no idea all I know is that I use Cpanel to access and it's one of those "ready" websites where you just add what you want.
They never tell me what the problem is only that it's been 'fixed' which it never seems to be.

It's really frustrating!

Solitude

Executive Member
That's why it is sometimes better to go with the smaller hosting companies. They just seem to be more prepared to help a person.

AntiThesis

Executive Member
Sometimes the support isn't great with them because of the volume they deal with (and the occasional incompetencies) so it's tough to get a proper answer. At the same time, they don't neccesarily want to get involved with each support case too deeply as then there is a bigger burden to understand and sift through code.

chopsky

Expert Member
More than 2 months? More than a few days of being down and I'd have taken my business elsewhere.
Pity about the slow support responses.