MyADSL Movie Thread

Watched Role Models last night. Must say I enjoyed it. It's not exactly subtle but it still made me laugh throughout.

What did not make me laugh was paying R45 at Ster Kinekor Cavendish for a ticket. What next?!
 
Hj dude go and get yourself an edgars card, i pay 20 bucks a ticket.

Role models is the best comedy i have seen in 2 years easily. I really dig stiffler and have yet to see a very poor movie from him.
 
Hj dude go and get yourself an edgars card, i pay 20 bucks a ticket.

Role models is the best comedy i have seen in 2 years easily. I really dig stiffler and have yet to see a very poor movie from him.

I had one when it was Nu Metro-based. I almost never go to SK, you see. But R45 a ticket is madnesssss
 
Went and watched Rock 'n Rolla last night. Bloody brilliant movie.
The fact that there was just 3 women in the audience says it all...and just 1 woman in the entire cast adds more emphasis to that.

If you liked Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels and Snatch you'll love this one too.

Guy Ritchie should have gotten divorced earlier :D
 
Went and watched Rock 'n Rolla last night. Bloody brilliant movie.
The fact that there was just 3 women in the audience says it all...and just 1 woman in the entire cast adds more emphasis to that.

If you liked Lock, Stock and two smoking barrels and Snatch you'll love this one too.

Guy Ritchie should have gotten divorced earlier :D

Hmmm, maybe I should give that one another try then. I watched the 1st half an hour and was pretty bored. It was like it was trying so hard to be Snatch and Lock Stock and failing...
 
Watched Role Models last night. Must say I enjoyed it. It's not exactly subtle but it still made me laugh throughout.

What did not make me laugh was paying R45 at Ster Kinekor Cavendish for a ticket. What next?!

R15 at kenlworth which can be :sick: sometimes.. and canal tooo(wednesday) tho technically its more like R23(incl parking) excl petrol to get there(yah that counts too)

Darn i wanna go watch this movie tomorrow
 
Hmmm, maybe I should give that one another try then. I watched the 1st half an hour and was pretty bored. It was like it was trying so hard to be Snatch and Lock Stock and failing...

Yeah, the beginning is a bit tedious and formulaic Guy Ritchie stuff but once it gets going it's pretty funny and clever. There are some parts that catch you off guard when you least expect it.

Just feel the ending was over-edited just to make it a sub-2hour flick. There are some plot lines left up in the air or conveniently killed off...but I won't give that away. He has also given in to the Hollywood obsession with sequels and makes no pretense about Part 2 at the end of the flick.:rolleyes:
 
Anyone here watched Forgetting Sarah Marshall?

Yup, I rented it on DVD. (Because I just LOVE the "How I Met Your Mother" series and all its characters, so I figured: Why not?)

It was quite insane yet lovable - it kinda had the shock factor of There's Something About Mary, didn't it?
 
Hj dude go and get yourself an edgars card, i pay 20 bucks a ticket.

Role models is the best comedy i have seen in 2 years easily. I really dig stiffler and have yet to see a very poor movie from him.

+1. I love that guy's movies. I have yet to see Role Models but it's on my list.

I watched Sex Drive recently. That movie is flippin' funny! Definitely a must watch.
 
Watched Rescue Dawn. Average movie but the performance by Steve Zahn (of all people) was haunting. Never realized he was such a good actor. Jeremy Davies looked like a concentration camp survivor. I've never seen an actor so thin in a movie before :eek: looked like he'd drop dead any minute.
 
Watched 7 pounds and Role Models and Slumdog Millionaire!
All 3 Brilliant movies!!!!:D
 
Watched Stop Loss on dvd , not a bad movie, highlights the practice of withholding U.S military personal discharge, and forcing them to do more tours in Iraq/Afghanistan.
Also watched Michael Moore's Sicko, highlighting the medical insurance/health care system in the U.S. or more the lack thereof, eye-opening :eek:
 
Recent comedies decent enough to watch:
Pineapple.Express
Yes man
How.To.Lose.Friends.&.Alienate.People[2008]DvDrip-aXXo
Step.Brothers[2008]
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X