MyADSL Movie Thread

I'm sorry people - Transformers was AWESOME! What did you find so "rubbish" about it?

Any idea why I didnt like Transformers?:o

You needed to pee when Megan Fox was on that bike looking all sexy...?:D
 
what puts me off is machines taking on human characteristics, if they are cyborgs that still works but a frikkin toaster asking me about the birds and the bees just does not do it for me.

a rouge alien machine must still be a rogue alien machine.
 
what puts me off is machines taking on human characteristics, if they are cyborgs that still works but a frikkin toaster asking me about the birds and the bees just does not do it for me.

a rouge alien machine must still be a rogue alien machine.

They talk and fight. Last time I checked - my car and toaster and the tanks around the military base didn't take on human form and start talking/fighting. I can suspendmy disbelief for that. It's a Transformers movie - it needed that little bit of humour (no matter how crude) to lighten up the atmosphere before the mega fights broke out.

Anyway, consider this dude... Megan Fox is that hot that even machines would want to boink her. It would have been unrealistic if none of them tried! Nuff Sed.
 
I'm sorry people - Transformers was AWESOME! What did you find so "rubbish" about it?

No plot. No acting. No continuity. Gaping holes in the so-called plot. Action sequences that were pointless and badly done. Stupid scenes that would have worked better in "America's Stupidest Home Videos".
 
1.No plot.
2. No acting.
3. No continuity.
4. Gaping holes in the so-called plot.
5. Action sequences that were pointless and badly done.
6.Stupid scenes that would have worked better in "America's Stupidest Home Videos".

1. Plot was decent. What were you expecting... Shakespeare?

2. Que? It's not a movie where immense emotions are expressed. There's firefights and running and a few silly sequences to break it all up. LeBouef was good, his dad was good, Megan Fox was sexy (have you seen her in other movies... I'm mean she's eye-candy dude FFS). The Green Mile this is not.

3. Didn't have a problem picking it up despite watching the original way way back. For everything else, there is suspension of disbelief.

4. :rolleyes: It's a movie about giant robots that transform into liddle iddy-biddy cars. Need I say more.

5. You're blind.

6. Like what? That toaster humping Megan Foxes leg was classic. Hell, I'd expect anything that could move to hump her leg. As I said before... she is HAWT. Name some more scenes and we can talk about it.
 
I MUST see Transformers next week. It sounds like classic summer cheese. Can't wait :)

Absolutely. Just don't go expecting something like the original Matrix/Fellini and you'll be blown away. They even threw in an inside joke for Wonder Woman/Megan Fox fans ;)
 
Absolutely. Just don't go expecting something like the original Matrix/Fellini and you'll be blown away. They even threw in an inside joke for Wonder Woman/Megan Fox fans ;)

I won't be expecting anything - certainly no plot. Just a lot of fun :)

Don't see the point in picking this kind of movie apart. The 1st one made no sense at all but i still kinda enjoyed it :)
 
I won't be expecting anything - certainly no plot. Just a lot of fun :)

Don't see the point in picking this kind of movie apart. The 1st one made no sense at all but i still kinda enjoyed it :)

+1

Also, Megatron's voice was awesome. Like having a kind, dear old grandad that could arsewhoop the US Military in his sleep.
 
Transformers was never going to be an Oscar nominee. It's just pure fun which reminds you of your childhood. If you are of a certain age, anyway.
 
Well I'd certainly nominate it for a visual effects oscar. I mean there were transformers in nearly every scene.
 
NExt cheesy must watch movie is GI Joe. That looks crap, but I've wanted a live-action GI Joe movie since I was 7.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X