MyBB guide to quitting smoking

I did something similar - gave my pack of cigarettes to a work colleague.

That's when I knew I was ready to quit for good.

What was your reason for quitting?

Mine was control issues - I hated "having" to smoke. I am stubborn by nature so I few hard things like quitting smoking as a challenge.
 
I'm very disappointed in myself.

started to smoke again after quitting for 24 months. :(

only smoked when I had something to drink, but now I smoke as soon as I get home - plus I get the craving when driving home.
 
I'm very disappointed in myself.

started to smoke again after quitting for 24 months. :(

only smoked when I had something to drink, but now I smoke as soon as I get home - plus I get the craving when driving home.

Sorry man, failing after 2 years must suck - I also crave and sneak 1 if I am highly intoxicated, luckily thats only once every 6 months or so as I rarely drink.

Take the leap and say no to the cravng.
 
Nothing wrong with having a fag once every few days. Just don't buy the cheap nasty stuff like Pacific etc.
 
I'm very disappointed in myself.

started to smoke again after quitting for 24 months. :(

only smoked when I had something to drink, but now I smoke as soon as I get home - plus I get the craving when driving home.

Good thing is that you know you can go without for 2 years. So now just do that again.
 
What was your reason for quitting?

Mine was control issues - I hated "having" to smoke. I am stubborn by nature so I few hard things like quitting smoking as a challenge.
Same here + I hated my clothes and fingers smelling bad.

Also very limited when going to restaurants, etc.
 
I fell of the wagon after 4 years, it happens.

2 years next month and going strong.
 
smoked my last cigarette at 9am this morning. Whilst smoking, I thought " why I am doing this?, it's not worth it". took my last pull, put the cigarette off, threw my lighter and box of smokes in the bin and walked back into the office.

So Far, I feel ok. I generally go through 4-5 cigarettes a day and have been smoking for a few years at the same rate. I reckon the hardest part will be when I drive home and on monday morning back at work. If I make it through the next two weeks, I'm confident I'll kick the habit.

I know I can quit because I don't smoke at home ( only at work or when I go out) and when I am at home I dont have any cravings.

Also, I need to get fit again. Need to lose about 7-8 Kgs.

thanks in advance for your support that you will surely provide in my bid to stay cigarette free.
 
Also, I always smoke when a bit stressed, so how best could I cope with stress so that I don't use it as an excuse to smoke again?
 
Smoked my last cigarette on Friday the 15th of May 2015 @ 7:15 :D so today is exactly one week. Thats after about 30 years of smoking a pack a day
 
Smoked my last cigarette on Friday the 15th of May 2015 @ 7:15 :D so today is exactly one week. Thats after about 30 years of smoking a pack a day

congrats, I'll be there in a weeks time :D
 
So my next mission soon.

What is currently considered the best quit smoking drug?

Last time I was successful it was with Zyban but last time I tried that again it did not work.

Also, Eciggies don't work for me.
 
So my next mission soon.

What is currently considered the best quit smoking drug?

Last time I was successful it was with Zyban but last time I tried that again it did not work.

Also, Eciggies don't work for me.

a lot of forum members are saying champix. I'm going to stick with cold turkey and no meds.
 
How can a person smoke 20 smokes a day and not feel like total **** at the end of it? If I smoke and have 5 a day I feel like ****, almost wake up with a headache the next day.
 
So I started a few days after stopping back in May. :cry:

I'm trying to quit again, had 1 smoke in the last 7 days, currently been 3 days without a cigerette.

Feeling a slight urge to get one right now but I'm fighting it and will be okay once I get home ( Strangely I dont have any cravings at home)
 
So I started a few days after stopping back in May. :cry:

I'm trying to quit again, had 1 smoke in the last 7 days, currently been 3 days without a cigerette.

Feeling a slight urge to get one right now but I'm fighting it and will be okay once I get home ( Strangely I dont have any cravings at home)

Fight the urge. Be strong. The stink, bad lungs, tired feeling not worth it.
 
The good news is, once it's over it's over. I smoked for 22 years, gave up 6 years ago and I can't imagine smoking again. I've turned into a grumpy ex smoker, can't stand it.
 
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X