MySIPSwitch

ColinR

Expert Member
I'm trying to configure my account at MySIPSwitch.

Anyone got it working? I can setup my FWD account to make calls - but cannot recive calls on any account registration.

Edit: just got FWD to work, but seems intermittent.

Last edited:

daffy

Expert Member
Just remember that MySIPSwitch's servers are in Ireland, so latency might be a bit high for South African users.

ColinR

Expert Member
latency was good - calls were clear and 'responsive' - it was at night when all my calls are made anyway, perhaps that affects it.

Edit: I've just registered FWD as my main account on my SPA-3102, and set VOIP Raider as gateway1. No need to receive calls on my VOIPRaider account.

Last edited:

Syndyre

Honorary Master
According to the site the calls don't actually pass through their server anyway. Looks like you basically have to write a script manually on their site to get it to work?

ColinR

Expert Member
yeah. It's that dial plan they have there. You need to configure it. I managed to get calls working using that. Seems overly complex in design.

gbonnet

Hi,

I'm one of the developers from My SIP Switch. I've just seen your posts.

According to the site the calls don't actually pass through their server anyway.
My SIP Switch is handling only SIP messages, no audio packets passes through it. So there is not even a probability that delays or jitters affects your call quality because of My SIP Switch.

Looks like you basically have to write a script manually on their site to get it to work?
Yes.

Once you have registered your sip accounts, the service relies on a dial plan.
My SIP Switch is a customizable web based PBX.
The dial plan was before written in a syntax close to Asterisk's syntax. You can still to that see: http://www.mysipswitch.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=139
For a couple of month now, we have been using RUBY dial plans.
That allows a much greater control and made possible a bunch of new features. see :
Ruby dial plans
That has the down side of involving programming though, so that scares people easily ... We'll work on some proper documentation (we are seriously lacking of it) and as well a 'Wizard' to help building all basic dial plans.

Any Q, let me know
You can also post directly on My SIP Switch's forum ...

Regards
Guillaume

ColinR

Expert Member
We'll work on some proper documentation (we are seriously lacking of it)
Hey thanks man. Some simple how to register an account for incoming and outgoing calls, would go a long way! (I simply could not get my FWD account to dial through to my ATA)

The latency delays we experience in ZA are simply due to the bandwidth shaping imposed on us.

gbonnet

Some simple how to register an account for incoming and outgoing calls, would go a long way
err ... That one is done though. Once you are logged in there is a help page.
Then, on the forum, there are a few sticky posts with useful info and examples.

Let me know if you struggle.
Guillaume

ColinR

Expert Member
will have a squiz, I'm sure I looked through the help pages. I obviously missed it :eek: