Nashua adsl

Ghost02

Expert Member
Nashua mobile claim to have the cheapest adsl @ R139 for 1Gb all inclusive. Do they have any local bandwidth to go with that and is their 2Gb also so cheap. Are there any scams about this ?

Yotch

Expert Member
There are two problems with the Nashua Mobile ADSL offer.
1) The router is locked so that you can only access additional bandwidth that has been supplied by them using this router. You could of course purchase a separate router so that you can access bandwidth from Telkom, Web Africa, Openweb etc.
2) You need to sign a 12 month contract.
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=120183

Even with these restrictions it is currently the cheapest offer available. They do not supply any additional local bandwidth above the stated caps. If you think that you might need to purchase additional bandwidth at a later stage the Telkom Do Broadband Level 2 at R258 might be a better option. You can also get a free unlocked router on a 2 year contract if absolutely necessary. There is currently speculation that Telkom will be revamping their current broadband offerings in September with considerably larger bandwidth allocations and increased line speeds. I think that an announcement is expected in June. If this is the case then the Telkom offerings could become substantially cheaper than similar services from the competition.
http://mybroadband.co.za/vb/showthread.php?t=119889

Last edited:

Ghost02

Expert Member
Thanks. I think anything is better though than being chained to the biggest broadband rip off in the word. R250 for 500mb and **** signal all the time. Yes its vodacom. I'm in a 2 year contract with them. Atleast its not that far from done. I should be done when telkom release their new rates.

Yotch

Expert Member
I'm sure that you will be a lot happier with ADSL - the reliability and much larger cap sizes should be a welcome improvement. Check these forums regularly to see whether or not Telkom will increase the cap sizes and speeds in September and then decide on a provider.

Kokop

Personally I wouldn't touch Nashua with a barge pole.

Had a cell contract with them for 6 years. Their billing system was to calculate teh usage of your "free" minutes on the 15th of every month.

This lead to endless debits/credits on my account that was impossible to work out. In the end, I think I paid for a full 3 months of calls (24 month contract) without being credited for them from my free minutes.

All queries fell on deaf ears. Their billing system is designed to confuse and conquer.

Just my Zim$200,000,00.00

LancelotSA

Banned
Personally I wouldn't touch Nashua with a barge pole.

Had a cell contract with them for 6 years. Their billing system was to calculate teh usage of your "free" minutes on the 15th of every month.

This lead to endless debits/credits on my account that was impossible to work out. In the end, I think I paid for a full 3 months of calls (24 month contract) without being credited for them from my free minutes.

All queries fell on deaf ears. Their billing system is designed to confuse and conquer.

Just my Zim$200,000,00.00

I find your type very annoying... the original poster asks about Nashua Broadband and you spew on about your cellphone contracts you have had etc etc... he will not be getting billed for minutes, free minutes etc etc etc. He will get 1Gb of data every month, an invoice for R139 and when the data is used up he will be capped. End of story. Cannot see how your waffling helps him in this instance unless of course it is your attempt to fight your battle with Nashua through everyone else...

sand_man

Honorary Master
the original poster asks about Nashua Broadband and you spew on about your cellphone contracts you have had etc etc...
I think the point he is trying to make is Nashua's service department suffers from a general malaise when it comes to customer satisfaction, whether it be data bundles, dsl, cellphone contracts or lately household insurance, all departments suffer from an inability to efficiently provide the customer with what they require.

I have used Nashua for some time now and every time I am due for an upgrade there are issues, I took out data bundles with them on new contracts and there were issues with my personal account being debited instead of the businesses account.

They simply don't listen and there too many departments within the departments to make them efficient.

Not until I emailed the CEO Mark Taylor were my issues resolved.

More recently I decided to port direct to MTN but they bungled my initial application so I decided to stick to the devil I knew (Nashua).

So yes, a bit of a rant about Nashua but they deserve every bit of negative press they get, they've earned it:D