Nashua Mobile downgrading Topup package

uzzi82

I have a Vodacom Topup 315s contract with Nashua mobile that is due for an upgrade. Over the last 24 months, I have accumulated +/- R1000 worth of airtime due to the fact that I simply do not use all my airtime. I have investigated both going directly to Vodacom and downgrading to a Topup 200s.

I have spoken to numerous people and the consensus is that porting to Vodacom SP is not an option (at least for now), as I will lose my accumulated airtime. I then tried to downgrade to a smaller Topup contract with Nashua Mobile, but was advised that I will "probably" be losing my airtime if I do decide to do so. According to the people at Vodacom (Vodacom SP), this is not true, as your airtime is carried over.

This is getting quite frustrating. Nashua Mobile refuses to give me a guarantee that my airtime will be carried over, sticking to their statement that I “may or may not” lose my airtime – it’s up to the network. I am truly starting to wonder what value companies like these add. Has anyone had a similar experience?

MOwrt

I recently let a top contract run out and subsequently had it cancelled and switched to prepaid. Any accumulated airtime remained and I could use it up. If possible, why dont u do that. Then take the top up 200 contract as new? I'd think thats an option. My contracts are with vodacom directly if that matters

uzzi82

Thanks. It seems as if things are different with Nashua Mobile. They told me that with any migration (at least downgrades) , you run the risk of losing your airtime. Thing is, it is better to sort out any issues before hand, rather than trying to get someone to listen to you afterwards. Once it is feasible to port to Vodacom directly, I'm moving!

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
Your airtime will carry over...but it will depend on the package you migrating to how much will be carried over. Below is two examples.

1. You have R3000 carried over on the Top Up 500 (500 x 6 = R3000 max can be carried over). You now want to migrate to the Top Up 135 (R135 x 6 = 810 max can be carried over)...so you will only be able to carry over R810.00 to the Top Up 135

2. If you move from a Top Up package to a non Hybrid package like the Talk 130 for example then no airtime will be carried over seeing that he new package does not support airtime and uses minutes instead.

This is how it works with Vodacom SP...but sure Nashua should work the same or similar. Please confirm with them.

uzzi82

Thanks ocleroux that is how I understood it from Vodacom SP when I phoned them. As I am downgrading to a Top Up 200s, I should be able to carry over a maximum of R1200, which is more airtime than what I have. You would not happen to know someone that I can contact for confirmation? Nashua keeps telling me that they can't guarantee that the airtime will be transferred as this depends on the network. Vodacom tells me it is ok.

Ockie

Resident Lead Bender
You need to confirm with Nashua. They are a seperate entity with own billing system.

uzzi82

I eventually got Nashua to confirm with Vodacom what the process is. Seems like airtime is transferred.