Need a huawei band tool

James946

Hi there, recently purchased a huawei b618-22d and i was wondering if there was a band tool for it?
Trying to change the band to the 2600 LTE-A but there doesnt seem to be a tool inbuilt.

cavedog

Honorary Master
What router did you have before? You still getting an upgrade. 4x4 mimo vs 2x2 mimo before.

Theren_O

How do you use the bandtool? I clicked on 2600 TDD and it keeps saying that there's an error and I must check debug. The debug says " too many login attempts "

Jake45

Expert Member
How do you use the bandtool? I clicked on 2600 TDD and it keeps saying that there's an error and I must check debug. The debug says " too many login attempts "
Did you enter the correct username (inside quotes) and password (inside quotes) in the huawei_band_tool_config.txt file?

Do you have a B618s-22d or a B618s-65d? The 65d model does not support 2600Mhz. The LTE_2600_TDD batch file will only work on the 22d. The LTE_2300_TDD batch file will also produce an error if run on a 22d.

Last edited:

Theren_O

I have the Huawei B525s-65a

I changed the config to the correct info and it was a success but unfortunately my router didn't pick up any signal for the 2600Mhz band. Hit a dead end but Thank you very much!

I used
LTE_2500_TDD_Rain_B38
LTE_2600_TDD

It was successful changed but yeah....no signal

Kiemo

I have the Huawei B525s-65a

I changed the config to the correct info and it was a success but unfortunately my router didn't pick up any signal for the 2600Mhz band. Hit a dead end but Thank you very much!

I used
LTE_2500_TDD_Rain_B38
LTE_2600_TDD

It was successful changed but yeah....no signal
How did you do it ?i have the same router and I have slow speeds

Theren_O

Scroll up the chat, download the band tool and then click on the config folder, make sure the details, such as your router username and password are correct. This will be the details used to log into your router using 192.168.8.1. Those same ones must match up. Change if necessary. Go to the 2600_TDD folder and click on it. It will run and hopefully state that the frequency band change was successful

Kiemo

Scroll up the chat, download the band tool and then click on the config folder, make sure the details, such as your router username and password are correct. This will be the details used to log into your router using 192.168.8.1. Those same ones must match up. Change if necessary. Go to the 2600_TDD folder and click on it. It will run and hopefully state that the frequency band change was successful
I’ll try this later today or tomorrow then I’ll let you no guys no what’s happening

koogs

Does anyone know which bands Telkom LTE are on?

I am trying both Rain and Telkom LTE at home as my Rain signal is very poor even after playing around with the band tool....