Need help moving to a New ISP

captainbroadband

Hi there guys,

I'm completely clueless when it comes to ISPs and need advice. I'm currently on Mweb's 1mbps Uncapped Premium (R339pm) and have had enough of their crappy service.

Can anyone suggest a similarly-priced bundle deal with a better ISP?

Any suggestions would be great, thanks. :)

Thor

Honorary Master
*Uncapped.... Your not going to be satisfied anywhere.

We South Africans have too high expectations for this inferior country regarding current *uncapped performance.

But if you do want to move Web Africa and Afrihost are both great options.

I have been with Web Africa too they where good no issues.

Currently with AH, but like i said when it comes to *uncapped .... They're all k&k compared to expectations.

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Hi there guys,

I'm completely clueless when it comes to ISPs and need advice. I'm currently on Mweb's 1mbps Uncapped Premium (R339pm) and have had enough of their crappy service.

Can you please elaborate on crappy service?

captainbroadband

*Uncapped.... Your not going to be satisfied anywhere.

We South Africans have too high expectations for this inferior country regarding current *uncapped performance.

But if you do want to move Web Africa and Afrihost are both great options.

I have been with Web Africa too they where good no issues.

Currently with AH, but like i said when it comes to *uncapped .... They're all k&k compared to expectations.

Any suggestions for a capped bundle?

Thor

Honorary Master
The double data makes the price also very appealing.

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
The double data makes the price also very appealing.

If you follow the Afrihost threads you'll see that Afrihost is also inconsistent.

If Capped is fine for you have a look at Web Africa.

What are you download habits like though? maybe I can recommend a good uncapped package for you.

Thor

Honorary Master
If you follow the Afrihost threads you'll see that Afrihost is also inconsistent.

What are you download habits like though? maybe I can recommend a good uncapped package for you.

Uhm.... I disagree tank you.

Afrihost *uncapped is BS yes.

But both my neighbor and I have consistent speeds of 211kb/s + on our 100+100 cap

We had issues earlier, but that was due to telkom exchange.

Besides Web Africa is that day time night time stuff urgh over complicating stuff.

Afrihost straight 50+50 is 100gb anytime there you go enjoy.

Thor

Honorary Master
But it doesn't matter who you choose, it was just my 2cents

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
Uhm.... I disagree tank you.

Afrihost *uncapped is BS yes.

But both my neighbor and I have consistent speeds of 211kb/s + on our 100+100 cap

We had issues earlier, but that was due to telkom exchange.

Besides Web Africa is that day time night time stuff urgh over complicating stuff.

Afrihost straight 50+50 is 100gb anytime there you go enjoy.

I think you don't understand what inconsistent means. Might work great for you, yet lot's of other people are having issues.

Thor

Honorary Master
I think you don't understand what inconsistent means. Might work great for you, yet lot's of other people are having issues.

Ahh okey sorry I understand what you meant now.

My fault.

07_10

Hi there guys,

Well I can suggest you an ISP to stay far away from. That ISP is Openweb. They may look good on paper, and their trial accounts may perform wonderfully - but don't be fooled by this. Their accounts are only usable from 11PM till 6AM, and even that's not guaranteed.

If your usage is minimal, I'd suggest the 100GB (50+50) capped package from Afrihost (R199 p/m)- Its the one I'm with and I max my line all the time, and on every protocol.

Last edited:

captainbroadband

I generally download about 110GB per month, mainly on series and movies and Xbox 360 games.

captainbroadband

Well I can suggest you an ISP to stay far away from. That ISP is Openweb. They may look good on paper, and their trial accounts may perform wonderfully - but don't be fooled by this. Their accounts are only usable from 11PM till 6AM, and even that's not guaranteed.

If your usage is minimal, I'd suggest the 100GB (50+50) capped package from Afrihost (R199 p/m)- Its the one I'm with and I max my line all the time, and on every protocol.

I'm assuming that's R199pm without the ADSL line right?

PostmanPot

Honorary Master
Please could you elaborate on inconsistent speeds? When, and where (browsing, downloads, gaming?)? Are you sure there is not a Telkom/line issue at play?

Well?

You need to make sure that you don't have a Telkom/line or router fault.