Need someone to help me with website development

oscarlets

Hi All
I need someone who can help me with web&mobisite design and development,It's a platform web&mobisite hence I need someone with special skill to help me,if you can help,the post to the platform should look like the quoted mybroadband posts or better,just painting a picture,I need someone who can develop a website where people can post via sms and the posts look like quoted mybroadband quoted posts or better,if you can help let's talk.

envo

Expert Member
You don't paint a picture that well, so it's a bit hard to see if I (or anyone else) would be able to help you.

From what I can understand, you need a website that can load on a desktop or mobile device that shows posts, but from SMS'es?

And with quoted mybroadband posts or better, I assume:

You are talking about something like this, where the SMS will appear in?

Will the website be able to take posts from people who don't SMS in? What's the goal of the site? A chat site? Or a site where you can SMS a comment in, and if so, back to my original question, only SMS?

oscarlets

@Envo yes your assumption is right,I want the posts to appear like that and if possible have a name and location of the user on the side,You see sticky notes? the yellow sticky notes? I would like the developer to develop something like that,the original post appears like a sticky note and the reply or say comment on it like a mybroadband post,the platform will be used my clients and prospective clients who will have to first create profiles or have the mobile cell number or email as their user name if not yet registered,can you organise me a team that can help me?

@sp4ceman I don't get you...type slowly ;-)

envo

Expert Member
@Envo yes your assumption is right,I want the posts to appear like that and if possible have a name and location of the user on the side,You see sticky notes? the yellow sticky notes? I would like the developer to develop something like that,the original post appears like a sticky note and the reply or say comment on it like a mybroadband post,the platform will be used my clients and prospective clients who will have to first create profiles or have the mobile cell number or email as their user name if not yet registered,can you organise me a team that can help me?

@sp4ceman I don't get you...type slowly ;-)

Sounds like twitter

DJ...

Banned
You're really not explaining yourself properly here. Why not simply schedule some meetings with development houses and discuss the idea in person? You'll then get realistic quotes for this development...

oscarlets

I guess that will do hey...I thought one of their employees was gonna see the post and maybe you know but I guess I have to go knocking

envo

Expert Member
I guess that will do hey...I thought one of their employees was gonna see the post and maybe you know but I guess I have to go knocking

Developers aren't sales people. So you won't find them knocking on your door when you post something on a forum somewhere.

If this was posted on odesk or some place similar, you'd get responses, because that is what it is geared to.

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Hi All
I need someone who can help me with web&mobisite design and development,It's a platform web&mobisite hence I need someone with special skill to help me,if you can help,the post to the platform should look like the quoted mybroadband posts or better,just painting a picture,I need someone who can develop a website where people can post via sms and the posts look like quoted mybroadband quoted posts or better,if you can help let's talk.

Where do we start. Firstly keep in mind that an SMS is a 159 characters long and long SMS messages are a bit of ballache. You will either need to find a WASP who will supply you with a dedicated rated shortcode (but will be expensive) or a keyword driven shortcode and this will reduce your available message length. Then you need to check that the WASP only filters on the first keyword to prevent it from catching other keywords in the message.

Or you could just opt for a tagged longcode but then users will screw it up entering the hell of a long number resulting in traffic being diverted to a different service.

Oh, and you need to consider WASPA requirements of sending a confirmation SMS with each incoming SMS (extra costs).

Other option is to run an SMS gateway with something like SMSTools and GSM modem. Now you can just use a normal network number and could even use multiple GSM modems for each network.

But you still have the problem of the SMS length limitation and you need to handled those long SMS messages.

Now you could go to great lengths to develop such a system or you could just google for a WASP or Bulk SMS provider who already offers such a service. It will fall under "chat" / "threaded SMS" services.

Now I've developed these systems before so I wish you good luck (and no, I'm not man-whoring myself for some extra development work).

But it still sounds like Twitter.

oscarlets

Wow..Thank you cbrunsdonza...maybe the idea was inspired by twitter,how people communicate,what i wanted was sth like a platform where clients engaged,I thought of creating Facebook group but most are not on Facebook so I just thought of a platform plus on Facebook I won't sell other products,was hoping the platform I create will also be used to advertise some of our partners products but hey I am playing around with the idea I might meet someone who wants to run with it. Thank you for that detailed feedback,I took notes and I am connecting thoughts ;-)

Other Pineapple Smurf

Honorary Master
Wow..Thank you cbrunsdonza...maybe the idea was inspired by twitter,how people communicate,what i wanted was sth like a platform where clients engaged,I thought of creating Facebook group but most are not on Facebook so I just thought of a platform plus on Facebook I won't sell other products,was hoping the platform I create will also be used to advertise some of our partners products but hey I am playing around with the idea I might meet someone who wants to run with it. Thank you for that detailed feedback,I took notes and I am connecting thoughts ;-)

I developed a threaded SMS system for my wife for her small business and it works well.

It's basically like gmail except of using email it uses SMS and it works great. (7 years in use)

Rather start in baby steps.

semaphore

Honorary Master

Sorry but if you want clients to engage then you mind as well use. https://podio.com/

GreGorGy

BULLSFAN
oscaris that you i see you have not stopped using fullstops since you stopped those annoying periods except maybe the face ones because they bleed forever like last year