Neotel explains WiMax problems

Hugo_ZA

Let me just say that the statement from Neotel is utter BS! If you phone the 0860 number they provide so willingly and select option 2 (Technical Support) you get told that they do not support the WiMax product and you have to phone another number. The people on the other end of that number then tell you that they are unable to help because they only deal with Enterprise customer.

How then, Neotel, are we supposed to log a fault or get a reference number when the "Technical Support" team are unable to assist with anything?

Train your staff better and stop spewing lies!

Hein_JHB

Thanks for the article. My Wimax went down after my power tripped in my house for some reason and after I switched it on again and started up my pc's I had no internet access and it was restored on Sunday or Yesterday and I was away for the long weekend from Friday night and could RDP in to my pc again on Sunday or yesterday

fluKe

Mine went out on Sunday morning, was unable to contact my key account manager so had to report a fault. Got through to their indian call centre and they provided me with updates every couple of hours until the service was restored on Monday morning/afternoon. Probably the worst time for it to go out for me, and I hope I get refunded for the outage time.

CritiKill

Wimax...where?

Neotel explains WiMax problems

Neotel is working to restore full WiMax service
I live just on the outskirts of Centurion...in a fairly densely populated area with numerous new townhouse complexes springing up. The complex I live in doesn't have Telkom, so no ADSL, no Telkom Wimax and when I called Neotel...no Neotel Wimax either. Neotel is a joke. They can't even put up a tower in one of Ssouth Africa's most economically viable and well-populated areas. Surely their lack of growth can be blamed on this lethargic approach to network expansion.

I have a Neotel wimax connection at the office and it works extremely well...too bad Neotel's residential wimax is a joke.

Looks like I'm gonna have to go iBurst at home.