Nero v7 and XP Pro on HP Notebook?

ahf

Hi Guys

Installed Nero v7 on my HP Omnibook XE4500 with XP Pro, when I try to copy a CD it shows the Source Drive but the destination show as Image Recorder,this would not allow me to copy CD2CD but rather to an image on the HDD.
Any ideas to rectify this problem would be appreciated.

Thanks!

killadoob

Honorary Master
Just change image recorder to the source drive, then it will copy and ask for a disk.

ahf

Just change image recorder to the source drive, then it will copy and ask for a disk.

Thanks for your reply.
Tried that it won't give you the option to select a different drive other than the image recorder.

Asha'man X

Expert Member
I don't have Nero near me a the moment, but I think you need to look at your copy option and make sure that "Copy on the fly" isn't selected. That's only useful if you have 2 optical drives.

Hope that makes a difference.

ahf

I don't have Nero near me a the moment, but I think you need to look at your copy option and make sure that "Copy on the fly" isn't selected. That's only useful if you have 2 optical drives.

Hope that makes a difference.

Thanks, I tried different Nero versions starting from V6 same result. Can it be the DVD-ROM drive? Maybe it require firmware upgrade(can't find my particular ROM upgrade on HP site)
My DVD Rom: QSI DVD-ROM SDR-083

Any assistance highly appreciated!
Thanks.

ahf

It's a DVD-ROM drive - it DOES NOT WRITE DISKS.

Thanks for the info, will an external DVD writer work on this machine(HP Omnibook XE4500) ? Don't want to waste any more money...