NETBOOK, which one?

ne3tz

Hi

Im in the market for a new Netbook, and I have come across a few priced between R4300 - R5500. The specs of these are 1.6 atom processor, 1 GB ram, 120/160 gig harddrives, Windows XP. These are from brands like Packard Bell, Acer, Lenovo etc.

But I recently came across a Netbook with the following specs: 1.6 atom process, 2 GB ram, 320 gig harddrive!! Windows XP loaded. Priced at R4500 but I'm sure I can negotiate the price. The problem is this is a no name brand netbook (probably made in china) :( They say it comes with a 1 year warranty. Is there a risk in getting this netbook? :confused: The specs on this one is soooo much higher :D

What do you think??

Last edited:

Dave

Honorary Master
most of the netbooks on the market are just built and badged by "no-name" companies in Taiwan and China anyway, what name is actually on the "no-name" netbook?

Last edited:

Endgame

I've got a Samsung NC10 which I'm very happy with; excellent reviews. I paid R6800 for the 3G-embedded model 2 months ago but you can now get it at DionWired for 6G, and 5G without 3G.

cbrunsdonza

Honorary Master
most of the netbooks on the market are just built and badged by "no-name" companies in Taiwan and China anyway, what name is actually on the "no-name" netbook?

Agree. Just check how reputable the seller is rather than the brand. From my experience when I was still in IT Retail, the shops carry the burden of customer care and not the suppliers - applies to anything really.

But whatever you decided, get your netbook cause you will so enjoy them. :D

chris2.0

A 12" Apple Powerbook G4 - you can get them for R3000 or so 2nd hand & one that has been well looked after will kick a NetBook to the kerb...

And then you don't even have to struggle to Hackintosh it, it's already running Apple Mac "Steve Job's Revenge" OSX!!!

ne3tz

It really has No Name on it. But it is so tempting. I'm going to speak to the guy today and ask him if he is willing to give a BIG discount. Lets see how far lower I can get them to go;) will post the outcome later as well as a picture of the netbook.