Netgear dgn2200V4

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
So, my new router is in.

Netgear 2200v4 - built in ariel.

Firmware upgrade done ....

Problem .... Its seems to drop connection momentarily infrequently.

I have two options - 1. Ask advce and try to solve the issue 2. Return it and exchange.

I would like to try option 1 and am seeking advice.

Thanks

Mk786

Expert Member
WLAN or LAN? Set channel to auto.

Or return and see if problem persists on new router.

furpile

Expert Member
I have the same issue on my new netgear. Wifi also drops randomly. Don't know about lan as there is nothing plugged in, but I have plugged an old wifi hub in to use the wifi from there and it seems stable so far. Logged a call last week with Telkom, still havent heard anything from them. Also want to have it replaced (with D-link hopefully), as I have now only had it two weeks and it had problems from the beginning.

furpile

Expert Member
Sorry, wanted to ask what firmware you put on? Mine has v1.49 I think and on Netgear's site the latest they list is 1.47? But it seems the firmware update didn't help you?

TEXTILE GUY

Honorary Master
Sorry, wanted to ask what firmware you put on? Mine has v1.49 I think and on Netgear's site the latest they list is 1.47? But it seems the firmware update didn't help you?
Capture.PNG

Seems today there we no issues ..... ?

Bize32

WLAN or LAN? Set channel to auto.

Or return and see if problem persists on new router.
Downgraded The Software on my Netgear DGN2200v2 Telkom Crap Router to DGN2200v2-Telkom_DO-V1.0.0.27_1.0.27 set WLAN to Auto (From Channel 11) So far so good.

Problems I had

Adsl Disconnecting
Wlan Disconnecting
Lan Disconnecting

Next i am chucking my Huawei HG520c Router because of the security breaches ... Thanks for the help Guys, Keep Fingers Crossed.

CriticalConsumer

@ TEXTILEGUY: Best thing to do is to take it to Duxbury Networking who are the official distributors for Netgear. They will investigate and provide you with an answer while you wait or alternatively may keep the device and test it over night. If an issue is found, they may replace the unit providing its under warranty else you will have to pay for the repair / replacement.

furpile

Expert Member
I eventually found the problem on my Netgear. It seems if Wifi is set to 300 Mbps it causes problems (someone said it pairs the two wifi channels???), but on 150 and 50 Mbps it is stable. Found this after a lot of searching on Google. Even though the Telkom firmware help says 300 Mbps is the default it should be 150 Mbps.