NEW ATi HD 4850 Trouble

Poor graphics

Duuh! If youre talking about the blue on black patchy mismatch on the bell - its because youre using and LCD! Thats what LCD's do and thats how they work. Its not true 32bit color, like CRT, but a mix and match of 16bit to 'fool your eyes' into thinking its high color. Do some research on it and find that CRT is generally still the best but big and ugly. Now stop wasting ppls time and enjoy your game and card
 
Duuh! If youre talking about the blue on black patchy mismatch on the bell - its because youre using and LCD! Thats what LCD's do and thats how they work. Its not true 32bit color, like CRT, but a mix and match of 16bit to 'fool your eyes' into thinking its high color. Do some research on it and find that CRT is generally still the best but big and ugly. Now stop wasting ppls time and enjoy your game and card

Kurth, not only are you months late in replying to his issue, but your tone doesnt wash well here, so how about you crawl back into your little hole and stay there.
 
I have exactly the same issues with a Force3D HD4850 that dr.grimm is talking about.

Heavily pixelated shadow's that flicker and are in such contrast to the rest of the graphics. It's terrible.

I also get that weird brightness/contrast.

After trying all sorts to fix it I havent found a sollution yet. My last hope is that I'm missing some relavent update on my XP. The PC doesnt have internet access and is running a stand alone install of SP2. Perhaps I'm missing something needed to display these shadows accurately that hasn't been automatically updated?

I've contacted the supplier of my card, they havent had an issue like this before.
 
I've had great service from this supplier in the past and they always go the extra mile to help. Still, point taken.

They are happy to replace the card if we can rule out the possibility that this wont happen on my system with a replacement card. I'm not convinced it's a hardware issue though (which doesnt mean it isn't of course). It just doesn't feel that way (how's that for science). Almost like 'something' isnt turned on to render these shadows just like everything else. Anyway...

I've tried all drivers from 8.7 up and currently using 8.12
 
Last edited:
Top
Sign up to the MyBroadband newsletter
X