New Ford Figo (2nd Generation)

A

arr0w

Rand Dollar to blame. Paid R400k for a Ranger XLT January 2014 - now R467k (17% increase in 18 months) and they are made locally

Imported products much harder hit
Rand dollar isnt a factor.

The figo is manufactured in India.

The base model in India costs 430 000 rupees and that translates to roughly R86791.

It is overpriced even after factoring in import costs and adding extra safety features for our market.

LinuxMan

Expert Member
no ecoboost motors in these models?
Pricing gone to **** aswell..

FiestaST

Honorary Master
They would not put the EcoBoost motor in the Figo for fear of canablisation of Fiesta sales.

Additionally the EcoBoost motor needs have a certain "premium" air to it as well.

LinuxMan

Expert Member
Would have been nice for the end user..
Guess they are the entry level of cars for Ford aswell.
They would not put the EcoBoost motor in the Figo for fear of canablisation of Fiesta sales.

Additionally the EcoBoost motor needs have a certain "premium" air to it as well.

HeftyCrab

Expert Member
WTF. Recently bought a 2 year old Honda Jazz Trend for R136000. This thing is way overpriced.

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So what's the competition to this? You'll see the prices on that are also going up...

Ivan Leon

Expert Member
Co-incidentally, TATA SA also launched the Bolt sedan & hatchback this week - looks like their pricing is WAY below that of the Figo, given that they are both Indian sourced models.

People scared off by the Figo's stratospheric pricing may well end up in a TATA showroom instead.

The Bolt is sold with a five year or 100 000km warranty, a two-year or 30 000km service plan and five-year road side assistance.

Bolt Hatchback XMS - R132 995
Bolt Hatchback XT - R142 995

Bolt Sedan XMS - R142 994
Bolt Sedan XT - R152 995

:whistling:

Hendrix

The Bolt is not even in the same league, hence its cheap price.

The Figo is better quality, reliable, and will have much better resale value than a TATA, ask any tATA owner what they got on trade and you will quickly forget about buying one.

FlashSA

Executive Member
OT: Would you mind posting a link to the deal, please. :)
That screengrab I posted was from a mailer from my dealership, Eastern Cape Motors. They are also advertising it on our regional radio station, AlgoaFM. Pretty sure all dealers will have access to it as it is a Ford Credit discount deal.

I bought an Ecosport for my wife during a similiar campaign and saved R23k off RRP.

LaraC

Honorary Master
That screengrab I posted was from a mailer from my dealership, Eastern Cape Motors. They are also advertising it on our regional radio station, AlgoaFM. Pretty sure all dealers will have access to it as it is a Ford Credit discount deal.

I bought an Ecosport for my wife during a similiar campaign and saved R23k off RRP.
Thank you. :)

supersunbird

Honorary Master

Have heard the same advertised up here, on 702 I think...

eg2505

Honorary Master
So will the previous gen figos be sold as cheaply as possible now?

Isn't that what always happens?

supersunbird

Honorary Master
So will the previous gen figos be sold as cheaply as possible now?

Isn't that what always happens?
They are already cheaper than these (R20 000 less), but yes, you might be able to get good deals out there.