New Ford Figo (2nd Generation)

Lupus

Honorary Master
The Bolt is not even in the same league, hence its cheap price.

The Figo is better quality, reliable, and will have much better resale value than a TATA, ask any tATA owner what they got on trade and you will quickly forget about buying one.
Have you driven both? Or are you basing it on your own opinion, the Bolt is a big step up for Tata.

A

arr0w

Have you driven both? Or are you basing it on your own opinion, the Bolt is a big step up for Tata.
[video=youtube;5EbJ6q7V230]https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=5EbJ6q7V230&app=desktop[/video]

Hendrix

No I have not driven the TATA, my opinion is based on their history, I will not chance a car by them until they have proved themselves.

I've heard horror stories of their trade in value, hence I think the Figo is the better buy.

FiestaST

Honorary Master
Hardly smart to base a brand new cars history on their issues from yrs gone by...

True story about resale though.

Hendrix

Hardly smart to base a brand new cars history on their issues from yrs gone by...

True story about resale though.
People tend to buy cars on past history, it's a piece of mind thing. TATA does not have a name known for build quality and reliability. It's the same thing with Chinese cars.

FlashSA

Executive Member
People tend to buy cars on past history, it's a piece of mind thing. TATA does not have a name known for build quality and reliability. It's the same thing with Chinese cars.
The irony is that they own Jaguar Land Rover, yet none of that reliability or quality has made it across to their TATA cars. If you buy a TATA, one needs to be prepared to drive it till write off or until it falls apart as resale will be miniscule.

Lupus

Honorary Master
That's true, yet a Korean brand is now highly recommended when just five years ago people were uhmming and arring. Before that it was Japanese and so on and so on.
Also the Figo is made in India the same as the Tata and honestly the build quality of the old one was brilliant. Especially the 2012 one I had for a month.

Colin62

Executive Member
If you buy a TATA, one needs to be prepared to drive it till write off or until it falls apart as resale will be miniscule.
So pretty much the same as Land Rover then, except the Tata will probably last a little longer.

Hendrix

One day the Indians and Chinese will make good cars, cars we will actually want to buy, they just not there as yet, but they will get there in the not too distant future.

Kia/Hyundai are excellent examples.

cr@zydude

Executive Member
Kia not Hyundai :) in 2010 I'd still not buy a Kia
Why would you buy a Hyundai but not a Kia?

One day the Indians and Chinese will make good cars, cars we will actually want to buy, they just not there as yet, but they will get there in the not too distant future.

Kia/Hyundai are excellent examples.
This is true. Back in the day, granpa didn't want a Toyota, as it was 'Jap crap'.

PsYTraNc3

Expert Member
Sad, but true.
This also negatively affects resale values of cars that matches up in terms of build quality\reliability but does not have the correct badge.
E.g. VW polo vs Hyundai i20.
Both decent, reliable cars which sells for more or less the same price. (I would personally lean more toward the i20)
3 years down the line, the resale value of the i20 is much less than the polo. why?
Mostly because most people over here do not trust the brand yet.

That's true, yet a Korean brand is now highly recommended when just five years ago people were uhmming and arring. Before that it was Japanese and so on and so on.
Also the Figo is made in India the same as the Tata and honestly the build quality of the old one was brilliant. Especially the 2012 one I had for a month.
Agreed.
Tata got off to a very bad start though.
the first one was horrible.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Sad, but true.
This also negatively affects resale values of cars that matches up in terms of build quality\reliability but does not have the correct badge.
E.g. VW polo vs Hyundai i20.
Both decent, reliable cars which sells for more or less the same price. (I would personally lean more toward the i20)
3 years down the line, the resale value of the i20 is much less than the polo. why?
Mostly because most people over here do not trust the brand yet.

Agreed.
Tata got off to a very bad start though.
the first one was horrible.
Just realised my phone decided wasn't should be was, I honestly didn't like the Figo

Chevron

Serial breaker of phones
The irony is that they own Jaguar Land Rover, yet none of that reliability or quality has made it across to their TATA cars. If you buy a TATA, one needs to be prepared to drive it till write off or until it falls apart as resale will be miniscule.
Did yo ujust use Land Rover and reliability in the same sentence? :wtf:

FlashSA

Executive Member
Did yo ujust use Land Rover and reliability in the same sentence? :wtf:
Know 2 people who owned Disco 4's (very small sample audience I agree) without any problems....

I don't care about the LR brand (not a fanbooi) - but they certainly have reliability compared to a TATA