Newegg vs Amazon - Pricing comparison

Sapphiron

Centadel
Company Rep
Unlike the local stores, when Newegg and Amazon have specials, they are actual specials.

If the local importers can't match the price of a grey import, they have too many fat cats in their supply chain. Usually the ones with “exclusivity” agreements

uchoose

It will be good to be able to check pricing on all 3. Takealot has given me good service, delivery, returns the others will have to be a fair bit cheaper for me to change.

Daruk

Honorary Master
I find them more appealing for items that aren't available locally...
Or as Sapphiron suggested, those items that are exclusive... Nintendo, apple, etc.
Black Friday sales in the US are more realistic than SA.

dj2381

Expert Member
I only use Amazon for items I can't find locally, and would never use the priority shipping, it's more than double the regular price, just wait an extra week and save yourself hundreds, you can still find items cheaper on Amazon than local. I have returned 2 items which were faulty from Amazon and received a full refund excluding the shipping fee of course, another reason to not use priority shipping.

K3NS31

Expert Member
Unlike the local stores, when Newegg and Amazon have specials, they are actual specials.

If the local importers can't match the price of a grey import, they have too many fat cats in their supply chain. Usually the ones with “exclusivity” agreements
This. These stores have things called "sales", which most SA retailers have never heard of.