donnybrasco

Firstly I would like to thank DSTV for their contract with NBA to showcase NBA games. However, overall I'm not happy with the service being delivered and I still would prefer for ADSL, than to pay for DSTV :erm: (seven hundred so bucks) AND still catch up on my games (gotta love the net). Not everyone loves soccer or rugby although we all pay the same subs cost. I do not mind the 60% soccer broadcast, 20% rugby broadcast, 10% cricket, 5% golf and 5% rest of the other sports. But my problems is that I am a premium subscriber, and have all channels to my disposal :(. Currently the NBA playoffs are playing and these are normally shown on SS5, SS9 and SSHD?. What does not make sense is that there is only one game on all these channels on a night when 8 or so games are playing at the same time. To make it worse, that same game I have watched is repeated about 8 times and when a soccer tournament is being played, all games are broadcast. Can we please have the same treatment for other channels since we pay equal subs? I love basketball and its not the teams you always show that I support. My alternative is the internet but it should'nt be surprising why paying for adsl subs is better:erm::erm::erm:

thestaggy

Honorary Master
It is the same as the NFL. I enjoy watching that but we get 1 Sunday game and the only Monday game when they could broadcast at least 3 at different times on Sunday. Comes down to demand at the end of the day. Football & rugby are obviously the most watched sports on TV so they get the best coverage. Rugby and Football likely draw in the most advertisers as well.

donnybrasco

I wish they could return ESPN for the viewers that enjoy other international sports. Yesterday I finally thought I could watch my favourite team play, as per the "DSTV Guide", only to find that, they decided to show a totally different game :(

stepper

Expert Member
I definitely miss ESPN during the NBA playoffs...whoever is scheduling games hates basketball.