Nobody lies like CellC

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
We had a phone sent in for repairs to CellC due to a problem with the screen. The phone was returned as "repaired" without any problems, but after much fighting. However, this was not the case and the phone continued to cause problems. So, the phone was sent back for repairs again.

Later the phone was returned and they indicated water damage and the phone would not be repaired. How did they just decide the second time around that it was water damage and did not pick it up the first time?

They're a bunch of liars! When it becomes to costly for them to repair the phone (despite being a legitimate phone fault) they just state "water damage" and refuse to repair the phone. However, they never realised that they returned the phone the first time time without indicating water damages (as there was none). Yet the continue to insist.

Don't ever, ever use CellC (I know I personally don't) as they will lie through their teeth to earn themselves a quick buck. I was honestly shocked at this attitude and their belief that the customer is always wrong. As a failing company I thought it would be in their best interests to attempt to keep the customer. That number is now in the process of being ported to MTN. Well done CellC, you just lost another customer!

Liars! :mad:

andres101

Expert Member
It is not just CellC. MTN did the same thing with me.

What phone was it? You should stay away from the manufacturer, not the network. My phone was a Samsuck. Apparently I have sweaty palms which caused the phone to fail. Never mind the fact that none of my other phones I had worked for years without any problems.

Search on the google for the phone and see if other people are having the same issues. Sometimes it is a design flaw with the actual hardware (like in my case). Maybe you can take this evidence to them and insist that they replace or repair. People in other countries have had success.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master

What phone was it? You should stay away from the manufacturer, not the network. My phone was a Samsuck. Apparently I have sweaty palms which caused the phone to fail. Never mind the fact that none of my other phones I had worked for years without any problems.

Search on the google for the phone and see if other people are having the same issues. Sometimes it is a design flaw with the actual hardware (like in my case). Maybe you can take this evidence to them and insist that they replace or repair. People in other countries have had success.

Hmmm... not sure of the model. Will have to find out.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Hmmm... I've only sent a SE in for repair. Came back as water damaged, though I think in that instance it may be the truth :D

ToxicBunny

Oi! Leave me out of this...
I have sent in an SE that was VERY clearly water damaged... and user damaged as well, and Vodacom happily repaired it for me, for free... I was shocked to say the least.

JK8

Banned

Thats a problem with slide up phones, if your fingers are sweaty and you type an sms then close the phone and put it in your pocket the liquid on the keys can damage the phone.

@ Tim

Was it a new phone? Chances are it wasnt Cell C but rather the manufacturer.

The_Unbeliever

Honorary Master

Thats a problem with slide up phones, if your fingers are sweaty and you type an sms then close the phone and put it in your pocket the liquid on the keys can damage the phone.

bleh - will have to keep that in mind...

thanks for the tip ;)

d0b33

Honorary Master
It's the same with Vodacom, all phones that cannot be repaired properly gets the old "water damage" excuse.

Skeptik

Banned

@ Tim

Was it a new phone? Chances are it wasnt Cell C but rather the manufacturer.
It doesn't damage the phone, that would be crazy. Moisture gets in and reaches a special indicator component inside certain phones that changes colour on contact with water.

d0b33

Honorary Master
It doesn't damage the phone, that would be crazy. Moisture gets in and reaches a special indicator component inside certain phones that changes colour on contact with water.

LOL, I thought JK was being sarcastic :D

Hummercellc

Expert Member
Vodacom

Well i will never deal with vodacom & Nokia again, Beacuse i sent my phone in same excuse "water damage" then VC said after 2 weeks "it was a stolen phone!" but hold on they sold me that phone?, Why is that my problem? The IMEI number on the invoice & back of the phone are the same. They never returned the phone to me and brushed me off. so lost R1200 and the phone after only having it for 2 weeks. Nokia Sucks Vodacom on a daily basis there in LUV!?!?!

Skeptik

Banned
Well i will never deal with vodacom & Nokia again, Beacuse i sent my phone in same excuse "water damage" then VC said after 2 weeks "it was a stolen phone!" but hold on they sold me that phone?, Why is that my problem? The IMEI number on the invoice & back of the phone are the same. They never returned the phone to me and brushed me off. so lost R1200 and the phone after only having it for 2 weeks. Nokia Sucks Vodacom on a daily basis there in LUV!?!?!
Sounds like it could be a mistake (phone misreportted stolen?). If you are 100% sure of your facts, send them a registered letter of demand with a reasonable notice period. Should they fail to respond, take them to the small claims court. There is a small admin fee to do this. They won't turn up or will settle with you for sure.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
Never had any problems with my Nokias so far.

It would appear the phone in question is a Nokia 6288 (the slidy black one) - which apparently has had no end of problems. It is about 10 months old. In fact, the guys at the store where we bought a replacement phone have stated that they won't even sell that model any more :eek:

Furthermore, I have now been told that the first time the phone was returned we were told it was repaired - except the guys who repair the phones say it was water damage! Either they or CellC are lying. If it is indeed correct why take the phone in for repair again? Something is not right here and I reckon CellC needs to pay up!

warwickw

Expert Member
This is not a Cell C problem, this is the authorised manufacturer's repair centre that has created this problem.

Cell C and the other networks do not repair the phones, that is the manufacturers responsibility the phone just gets sent to the authorised repair centre of that manufacturer.

I suggest you contact the manufacturer and let them know what has happened and see what they say.

warwickw

Expert Member
As a failing company I thought it would be in their best interests to attempt to keep the customer. That number is now in the process of being ported to MTN. Well done CellC, you just lost another customer!

I think you will be pleasently surprised when you see the coming results from the network. Most definatly not a failing business. :)

JK8

Banned

It does!! Even if your phone is in your jeans pocket while you having a shower, that can potentially damage your phone.

Thats true, but chances of that little paper getting wet all the time is unlikely.
Water damage is not only determined by the little paper, the electronic components actually short circuit and sometimes the electronic thingys explode(tiny explosion looks like a battery when it leaks).

Most repair centres will give you a pic of the damage if you ask nicely.

semiautomatix

Honorary Master
This is not a Cell C problem, this is the authorised manufacturer's repair centre that has created this problem.

Cell C and the other networks do not repair the phones, that is the manufacturers responsibility the phone just gets sent to the authorised repair centre of that manufacturer.

I suggest you contact the manufacturer and let them know what has happened and see what they say.

Firstly Cell C is blaming the manufacturer repair centre and the manufacturer repair centre is blaming Cell C. We have been the repair centre and they just blame Cell C. This comes down to the customer perception, I bought the phone from Cell C, I pay Cell C every month for the phone and contract; therefore, Cell C ultimately must take responsibility for the whole situation.

If I buy milk from Spar and it turns out to be sour I am not going to go to the dairy somewhere in the Natal Midlands and make a complaint to get the milk replaced. No, I'm going to my local Spar. You are the end retailer, you resell the product and for your efforts you must deal with customers and their problems!