• You are not registered on MyBroadband, which means you miss out on great benefits. To join our community is very easy, and completely free. Register now.
  • New Two-Day Giveaway - Enter Here

Nokia 7 plus

Robvd

Picket up my 7 plus from MTN yesterday, just walked in, applied and got the phone. So far I am super happy with this phone, amazing built quality and absolutely amazing to have stock abdroid again.

Any of you bought cases / screen protectors? If so where did you buy?

Cheers

isie

Executive Member
Picket up my 7 plus from MTN yesterday, just walked in, applied and got the phone. So far I am super happy with this phone, amazing built quality and absolutely amazing to have stock abdroid again.

Any of you bought cases / screen protectors? If so where did you buy?

Cheers
My wife got hers yesterday from Vodacom , will go check this weekend for covers and will advise.
hers came with a basic cover in the box - did you not get one?

Robvd

My wife got hers yesterday from Vodacom , will go check this weekend for covers and will advise.
I did also get a clear case in the box yes, not the most durable case though :D

andreh

Is the Nokia 7 Plus from Vodacom branded with the Vodacom software like they normally do with the other phones by using their Vodacom boot logo etc?

isie

Executive Member
Is the Nokia 7 Plus from Vodacom branded with the Vodacom software like they normally do with the other phones by using their Vodacom boot logo etc?
no boot logo didn't see any vodacom crap on the phone - only not Dual sim :(

was actually surprised they had stock and sent it so fast - we went to all the stores close no one had - so Sunday we just applied online - got the reference SMS, same time and Wednesday morning she got the SMS from RAM to say deliver on its way and the delivrd around 11AM no calls from Vodacom or anything they didn't capture our complex name , so only call was from the Courier checking where we were.

andreh

no boot logo didn't see any vodacom crap on the phone - only not Dual sim :(

was actually surprised they had stock and sent it so fast - we went to all the stores close no one had - so Sunday we just applied online - got the reference SMS, same time and Wednesday morning she got the SMS from RAM to say deliver on its way and the delivrd around 11AM no calls from Vodacom or anything they didn't capture our complex name , so only call was from the Courier checking where we were.
Great! Thanks for the feedback. I am looking around for it, but because I saw it is from Vodacom I was a bit scared to get it with Vodacom boot logo and bloatware on it.

Volksieboi

Great! Thanks for the feedback. I am looking around for it, but because I saw it is from Vodacom I was a bit scared to get it with Vodacom boot logo and bloatware on it.
its an android one device - so only pure android... no network provider crap allowed

Captain Beer

Expert Member
I'm due for an upgrade next month. I was going for the P20 lite, but can get the 7 plus for R40 extra PM.

Still trying to make up my mind, the Huaweis I've had have been excellent, so has the local support.

Sumen

Expert Member
I'm due for an upgrade next month. I was going for the P20 lite, but can get the 7 plus for R40 extra PM.

Still trying to make up my mind, the Huaweis I've had have been excellent, so has the local support.
Nokia 7 Plus - near flagship grade SoC , Gorilla Glass, be unique - all for R500 or R40 pm extra

Huawei P20 Lite - looks better, lower midrange SoC(does business in the Huawei P smart), no Gorilla Glass, almost everyone will have one - R500 or R40pm less.

Volksieboi

Nokia 7 Plus - near flagship grade SoC , Gorilla Glass, be unique - all for R500 or R40 pm extra

Huawei P20 Lite - looks better, lower midrange SoC(does business in the Huawei P smart), no Gorilla Glass, almost everyone will have one - R500 or R40pm less.
Also superior cameras

Bigger battery

Android one which means guaranteed monthly security patches abd os updates for 3 yrs

And no bloatware

Its a no brainer for me

Robvd

I also had to choose between these two.

Do yourself a favor, go and hold a p20lite in your hand and then go and hold the nokia 7 plus in your hand, that alone was all I needed to make my decision. The build quality on the nokia 7 plus is amazing.

isie

Executive Member

maybe this will help make up your mind

[video=youtube;0IoEuuyciVs]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IoEuuyciVs[/video]

solid phone

ShaunSA

Derailment Squad
my experience with the 8 Sirocco is left a good impression on me - hence my wife wants the 7 Plus
Decided to go with the devil I know and went for the S8.

At least I won't have to worry about chargers etc. All my other phones/tabs are Sammys.