Nokia 8 Sirocco

hj2k_x

Honorary Master
Has anyone managed to get the usb-c to aux adapter to work? When making calls using this and some aux earphones, no sound goes through my mic so the person on the other end can't hear me. I see some posts online about the problem but no solutions...

ronz91

Expert Member
anyone know if the front glass can be replaced without changing the screen?

also anyone had any issues with poor battery life suddenly after a year of use?

twr

Expert Member
I've got a few green horizontal lines ,started with one now 4 , granted I did drop my phone and cracked the screen a few months ago but this started last month, and no I haven't fixed the screen
Anyone know what the green lines mean? And how if possible to get rid of it?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
I've got a few green horizontal lines ,started with one now 4 , granted I did drop my phone and cracked the screen a few months ago but this started last month, and no I haven't fixed the screen
Anyone know what the green lines mean? And how if possible to get rid of it?
There is either a fault with the crystals that make up the colors of the screen or there is a loose cable. It's probably that dirt or moisture got in through the cracks and damaged the internals.

You need to take it in to get repaired or the screen replaced.

ronz91

Expert Member
anyone know if the front glass can be replaced without changing the screen?

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Beginning to think the gonna miss the Q1 deadline, but seeing as the world is on fire I recon we give em a break...

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Beginning to think the gonna miss the Q1 deadline, but seeing as the world is on fire I recon we give em a break...
Got the security update today.

Was just searching for news about this now. Came across this

https://www.reddit.com/r/Nokia/comments/fs6uff/_/fm010ns
The updated image does show it in the middle of Q1-Q2 so might even be here sometime next week.

Pretty sure it's tested and all they need to do is hit release ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Quite disappointed with what was supposed to be an "Android One" phone. Updates were supposed to be prioritized. A family member of mine has a Mi 8 and it received the Android 10 update weeks ago, before the Sirocco.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Quite disappointed with what was supposed to be an "Android One" phone. Updates were supposed to be prioritized. A family member of mine has a Mi 8 and it received the Android 10 update weeks ago, before the Sirocco.
Was also a flagship phone, but I suppose as long as it gets it. It has been a bit behind with other updates too, maybe they were too creative with the internals or some shitting making it not a simple update.

I will stick with Nokia for my next phone too, well priced and do get the updates unlike many other manufacturers.

Lupus

Honorary Master
Was also a flagship phone, but I suppose as long as it gets it. It has been a bit behind with other updates too, maybe they were too creative with the internals or some shitting making it not a simple update.

I will stick with Nokia for my next phone too, well priced and do get the updates unlike many other manufacturers.
Where will you get the next Nokia? They don't seem to be really popular. I've had the 8 for about 2 and a bit years not sure will get another.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Where will you get the next Nokia? They don't seem to be really popular. I've had the 8 for about 2 and a bit years not sure will get another.
Takealot still has them and you can buy direct from Nokia, but that's a problem for later, I'm hoping to not even live here by then.

If not Nokia what then, Huawei does not do android anymore, Samsung of duckoff overpriced and about the slowest to update with the most bloatware, one plus is also heading to premium pricing side and also not readily available.

I may consider xiaomi but not a bit fan of the ui and Thier updates are also hit and miss, googles own phones are not locally available and unjustifiably expensive once customs is done with their vase line investment.

Huawe, xiamon and Nokia re pretty much the only ones that make tier 1 phones at prices people who are not bill Gates can afford.

Hell, its the longest phone I have ever owned, its the first phone in almost 15 years that's lasted more than a year with me.

Last edited:

bxm

The Nokia 7.2 got updated to Android 10 yesterday. I got my March security update today. I'm still happy with my Sirocco, but I'm also starting to look at a potential next phone. I would like to stay with Android One.

Looking at Vodacom's site it seems like they only carry a few budget Nokia phones and nothing from Xiaomi.

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
The Nokia 7.2 got updated to Android 10 yesterday. I got my March security update today. I'm still happy with my Sirocco, but I'm also starting to look at a potential next phone. I would like to stay with Android One.

Looking at Vodacom's site it seems like they only carry a few budget Nokia phones and nothing from Xiaomi.
Vodacom does not do android one as it goes against Thier policy of pissing customers off.

They are not allowed to modify the firmware in anyway so no crappy logo, no free spyware and they also not allowed to approve, read delay, updates.

isie

Honorary Master

the 8.3 is looking like a good phone to get to replace the Sirocco , but looking at 2019 , looks slim that MTN or Vodacom will keep it, :(

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
the 8.3 is looking like a good phone to get to replace the Sirocco , but looking at 2019 , looks slim that MTN or Vodacom will keep it, :(
They won't, Nokia does not sell as well as it used too, only smart people buy Android One devices and there are only a few thousand of us vs the millions that buy samesung, Huawei.

isie

Honorary Master
They won't, Nokia does not sell as well as it used too, only smart people buy Android One devices and there are only a few thousand of us vs the millions that buy samesung, Huawei.
A very sad and disheartening but true fact.