Nokia 8 Sirocco

animehero

Expert Member
Let me know if you come right at cellucity in Somerset mall. Also is this only the screen or the full body invisible shield?
I managed to go there this evening.
Cost R349, the guy was pretty helpful.

I'm not sure if it's the full body protector because when he was applying it,I had to keep my eye on the little one running around, although I did see him rub the back before putting it back into the cover (but that might have been because he smudged it while working with it)

He advised that it's pretty good adhesive,however it's going to take 48 hours to settle. First 24 hours should avoid pockets so the edges don't peel. If it does start to peel,gently push it back in place. If it peels after 48 hours I need to return there with receipt in hand and they'll either try to fix it with more adhesive or replace it

So far so good.when the screen is on I don't notice a difference at all,but when the screen is off it looks like dishwasher is on the screen (colourful waves) but I guess that's the gel effect.

Will report back in 48 hours

VoraciousLion

I'm not sure if it's the full body protector because when he was applying it,I had to keep my eye on the little one running around, although I did see him rub the back before putting it back into the cover (but that might have been because he smudged it while working with it)

He advised that it's pretty good adhesive,however it's going to take 48 hours to settle. First 24 hours should avoid pockets so the edges don't peel. If it does start to peel,gently push it back in place. If it peels after 48 hours I need to return there with receipt in hand and they'll either try to fix it with more adhesive or replace it

So far so good.when the screen is on I don't notice a difference at all,but when the screen is off it looks like dishwasher is on the screen (colourful waves) but I guess that's the gel effect.

Thank you for getting back to me

chickenbeef

Executive Member

Sounds like it's the same as the "hydrogel" screen protectors I got off eBay. Glad I saved R300 :D

CranialBlaze

Expert Member
Sounds like it's the same as the "hydrogel" screen protectors I got off eBay. Glad I saved R300 :D
All screen protectors need that time to adhear properly, zagg has been the best for over a decade, but sure, use the R50 one on ebay, has to be the same quality no...

Ecko_1

I've got the protection pro from mtn on for a few month. No complaints from me. I had issues with all the glass protectors as they would come off the curve on my note 8

FiestaST

Honorary Master
My buddy will be getting the deal. Cavendish Square branch has one left in stock.

IMG_3739.JPG

He was back & forth between this & the TM Galaxy A50 (4/128) deal @ R299 pm.

animehero

Expert Member
I saw the July security update downloaded on my phone yesterday afternoon.

Side note the latest yellow trader still has this phone listed for the above price

m3z

Anyone know if the MTN deal is still available? R199 on the cheapest package for the Nokia 8 S?

isie

Honorary Master
Anyone know if the MTN deal is still available? R199 on the cheapest package for the Nokia 8 S?
Its valid till end of July (if they have stock of the phone that is)

Reactions: m3z

twr

Expert Member
Just cracked my screen by dropping it ,anyone know in kzn ideally umhlanga Who fixes them?

animehero

Expert Member
Notification
-Software update - Android 9 Pie (V4.14F)

What's New
-
Improved system stability
- User interface enhancements
- Google Security Patch 2019-08

Just went live for me a few minutes ago

CranialBlaze

Expert Member

chickenbeef

Executive Member
Soooo we should be getting Android 10 in a few weeks - if they stick to the Q1 2020 promise.